Issue with Android 11 update, pics in low rez since update! SAMSUNG S10
FoSho

I have a Samsung S10 and I received a update around 2/21 for the new Android 11 it seems. Ever since this update I now receive pictures in low resolution via MMS. This was never an issue before as I received pics fine. This is from both Android and iPhone users the same. I even tried sending myself pics and they go OUT fine and are received fine by other users, but when I receive my own pics as well they are also received in low resolution. I've contacted VZW support and they couldn't figure it out on their end. 

I've tried multiple text apps, stock app, all yield same results. I even tried to factory reset my phone and this didn't solve this issue. Has anyone else run into this or have any other ideas? 

0 Likes
Re: Issue with Android 11 update, pics in low rez since update! SAMSUNG S10
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, FoSho. I want to help you resolve your issues with pictures on MMS. If you head to the app settings (three dots on the top corner) there should be an option to "Send as Chat Message". Let me know if this option works for you. If not, I've found another article with a text app that should work with high resolution MMS. Here is a link to this article: https://community.verizon.com/t5/Android-General/Why-are-incoming-MMS-pictures-blurry-and-pixelated/...

JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
FoSho

Thanks. Textra is actually the texting app I use and it's not working in there either. I've tried Textra, stock app, Mood Messenger and they all experience the same issue. This is something related to the latest Android update I received back around 2/21 I believe. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for getting back to us. Let's make sure your texting is working for you. I have sent you a Private Message to continue. 

0 Likes
Musubi

FoSho - I'm having the same problems with my Samsung S10. I can't believe that Verizon Support sent you to a community post from 2015! There's a comment from member wB0s3p4 on 3/17/21 in the Samsung forum linked below that states,

Samsung Community Topic on MMS Compression 

"Update. I spoke with someone from Samsung's President's office, and they told me Samsung is aware of the issue and working to fix it. They said the issue would hopefully be fixed with the next update which is April 5th"

Here's hoping the problem gets resolved then.

0 Likes
FoSho

Thanks for the update! Yeah Verizon sent me a private message and I responded and they ghosted me lol. The "support" has been lacking. I can't believe this isn't more of a known global issue with the S10's. Let's hope this gets resolved with the next update. 

0 Likes