Is this an invasion of privacy???
pittsboro

If while upgrading your phone, a verizon store rep inadvertly puts someone else's photos on your new phone. Would this be considered an invasion of privacy? Also, does this not beg to ask the question who could also have access to your photos or other data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is this an invasion of privacy???
budone
Legend

I say the word, 'Inadvertent' is the key. Obviously a mistake.

If you leave your SIM at a VZW store after an upgrade (This would be how pix could get on the wrong phone, not a USB transfer) then shame on that person.

0 Likes
pittsboro

Basically what happened in a nutshell....

We go to verizon store with our old phone equipped with an sd card, upgrade to a phone that does not have an sd card. they take both phones, return with new phone and sd card from old phone. The new phone has someone esle's photos on it.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That's why you always factory reset the phone and format/remove the SD card before I return it.

0 Likes
pittsboro

How would a factory reset help? We were upgrading to a brand new phone. Verizon was to transfer data from our old phone to the new phone which does not use an sd card. I have my sd card and if I factory reset the old phone before the transfer it would erase everything before they could put it on our new phone.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

A factory reset DOES NOT erase an SD card.

0 Likes