Is there way to stop Nexus 6 Android 5.1.1 from going to sleep?
csncan

I have been listening to my favorite NPR stations (especially during the local pledge drive *Note I am a sustaining member of 2 local stations) on my Nexus 6 with Android 5.1.1. The problem is it keeps stopping when the screen goes to sleep. I have read that others have had a similar issue while streaming video. The problem is that sleep setting go from 15 seconds to 30 minutes but there is no Never Sleep setting.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there way to stop Nexus 6 Android 5.1.1 from going to sleep?
Tidbits
Legend

It's an app problem. Tell them to fix it where the app runs in the background even with the screen is off.

See these apps for example

Pandora

Milk Music

Slacker

I (heart)radio

They have no problem running the the background with the screens off.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's easy to get wrapped up in a NPR broadcast for longer then 30 minutes. Unfortunatley that is the max for the Nexus 6. There are some apps in the Play Store that might help if you would like to keep it on longer
DerekR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
csncan

Really????  How stupid is that?  I suppose they think it is a feature not a dumb decision. They need to fix that. Anyway, thanks for the information.  What are the apps?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's an app problem. Tell them to fix it where the app runs in the background even with the screen is off.

See these apps for example

Pandora

Milk Music

Slacker

I (heart)radio

They have no problem running the the background with the screens off.

0 Likes
csncan

Tidbits-

Thanks for the response.  I am using the app TuneIn.  They say it is a problem that began with Android 3.1 when a "feature" was added that "reduces power consumption by gradually lowering the wifi performance when the screen turns off" which eventually reaches a point where streaming is interrupted.  There is no turn off for this "feature". They do not have a fix yet but suggested a widget in the google store, ratcash.wifiperf.  I am trying it & so far it is working.  Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Tune in is lying to you.

If you try the above apps without using what you are using then it should happen to those. However it doesn't. 🙂

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tidbits So happy we could help you out. Please keep us posted if you run into issues.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes