Is there any distinct advantages of getting a Samsung phone if I want to sync with my Samsung Tablet? Or will any Android phone work the same?
FIB1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there any distinct advantages of getting a Samsung phone if I want to sync with my Samsung Tablet? Or will any Android phone work the same?
I want to make sure all apps , contacts, pics, etc. will sync with each device.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is there any distinct advantages of getting a Samsung phone if I want to sync with my Samsung Tablet? Or will any Android phone work the same?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "distinct" advantage to having a Samsung phone as well as a tablet is familiarity with the OS and screen layouts, and the Samsung apps available only on Samsung devices (and I don't use those anyway....)  Android apps will sync between devices whether you are using a Motorola, an HTC, a Samsung .... photos, contacts, etc all sync with Google and the Play store. 

I would choose a phone based on other features, specs, camera, comfort, memory, SD capability, things that are priority to me - not necessarily the manufacturer.  If the phone fits your needs and it happens to be a Samsung, like your tablet, well, that's a plus.  If there's another Android phone that seems a better fit, I wouldn't discount it simply because it ISN'T a Samsung, all your apps, pics, contacts will sync across manufacturers. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is there any distinct advantages of getting a Samsung phone if I want to sync with my Samsung Tablet? Or will any Android phone work the same?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

The "distinct" advantage to having a Samsung phone as well as a tablet is familiarity with the OS and screen layouts, and the Samsung apps available only on Samsung devices (and I don't use those anyway....)  Android apps will sync between devices whether you are using a Motorola, an HTC, a Samsung .... photos, contacts, etc all sync with Google and the Play store. 

I would choose a phone based on other features, specs, camera, comfort, memory, SD capability, things that are priority to me - not necessarily the manufacturer.  If the phone fits your needs and it happens to be a Samsung, like your tablet, well, that's a plus.  If there's another Android phone that seems a better fit, I wouldn't discount it simply because it ISN'T a Samsung, all your apps, pics, contacts will sync across manufacturers. 

0 Likes