Is it possible to download the lollipop 5.0 update instead of waiting for the OTA update?
mj2718

Is it possible to download the lollipop 5.0 update instead of waiting for the OTA update?

I have an LG G3 and when I check for updates on it says I am up to date.  It's been rumored that Verizon has the update available in limited release.  Is it possible to download the update any other way from Verizon?

thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Is it possible to download the lollipop 5.0 update instead of waiting for the OTA update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know it's tempting to listen to the rumors, mj2718. But your phone is right. There hasn't been an update for the G3 since December. We're constantly working with LG and Google to ensure you get the best experience on your device, so keep checking http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-g3-update for any news on when a new update is released and how to install it on your device. Let us know if there's anything we can help with in the meantime too!   JenniferH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Is it possible to download the lollipop 5.0 update instead of waiting for the OTA update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I know it's tempting to listen to the rumors, mj2718. But your phone is right. There hasn't been an update for the G3 since December. We're constantly working with LG and Google to ensure you get the best experience on your device, so keep checking http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/lg-g3-update for any news on when a new update is released and how to install it on your device. Let us know if there's anything we can help with in the meantime too!   JenniferH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes