Is anyone else disappointed in their Pantech Breakout???
tudorsrose

I recently purchased a 'pantech breakout', and I'm extremely disappointed in it! Here I was, all excited to finally be getting an android, and what a disappointment this one has been!!! It has hardly any memory. My battery loses it's charge in no time! I've been making sure nothing is running in the background, ever! But, if I don't power it down before starting my shift at work, I can count on the batt being almost dead by lunch! Sooo disappointed!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Is anyone else disappointed in their Pantech Breakout???
ronbut

Yes, I am also disappointed in my two Pantech Breakouts, which were purchased in early January 2012.  I can deal with the rapid battery drain by having the display shutoff quickly, turning off the WiFi when I am not using it and simply carrying an extra charging cable with me and in my car.

What is frustrating me is the low memory errors which result in apps I actually use, not being able to update.  The bottom line cause of this is that almost half of the internal storage on this device is dedicated to pre-installed apps, many of which I don't even use.  These pre-installed apps also cannot be removed or moved to the SD card to free up space.  Discussions both via CHAT and over the phone with tech support have not produced a workaround.  Tech support's response was that it is Google's issue because the Google OS includes pre-installed apps.  I am at the point now that either Verizon  gives me the Pantech purchase price toward a new more usable android model or I lodge a complaint with my state's Attorney General's office that they have violated their contract with me.  I hope others are responding to this issue in a similar manner.

0 Likes