Invalid server certificate (Comcast)
jrpadar

When my Motorola DroidX attempts to retrieve my Comcast email, I get a message that says:

Invalid server certificate. [org.bouncycastle.jce exception.

ExtCertPathValidatorException: Could not validate certificate signature.]

This account has been established on my cell phone for many months. The problem began this morning. My Comcast account works fine online via my desktop.

Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Invalid server certificate (Comcast)
Dayzeemay

I just wanted to add that myself and my husband have been experiencing this issue as well.  We have 4 comcast.net accounts that we have had on our phones for the past 18 months without this issue.  It seems to have gotten worse just the past few days and seemed to begin shortly after we last updated our phones.  The error has been pretty much constant beginning today but will connect from time to time and deliver emails.  Just very annoying. 

0 Likes
tripdip

Having same issue with Droid2.  Increased frequency and after repeated attempts all day today, cannot connect to get emails from my Comcast accounts.  Tried rebooting. Tried clearing caches on email. Nothing seems to resolve.

Error reads as follows:

"The following error has prevented a successful connection: Invalid server certificate.[  [org.bouncycastle.jce.exception.ExtCertPathValidatorException: Could not validate certificate signature.]

0 Likes
atoro

This started happening to me late last night. If all of us are having this problem on the same day, I'm guessing it's not something with our phones.

0 Likes
avmb62

Same problem.

0 Likes
genjer
Same problem here for the last two days. Today has been worse. Wake-up Verizon!
0 Likes
DeviantDog

Have the same issue. I've done nothing new and have been using Comcast Mail on my Droid X for over a year with no problems.  Any fix out there?

0 Likes
bobbell

Same issue here and it will suddenly clear up seems to be an issue every evening when I leave my Motorola plugged in and on all night. Time for Verizon to find out what they have done to us!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
addicted2tivo

I have been having the same issue for 2 days now. Rebooting doesn't help. What can be done for this issue? Please help.

0 Likes
bzmom

same problem

0 Likes