Highlighted

Internet problems with my droid!

So, I got my droid 3 days ago, everytime i try to go to www.google.com, and most other sites (Email included) It tells me that this site is being blocked by a content filter, so I went to the link that was provided for me, logged in with my verizon information and noticed my number had a content filter on it. I removed the filter, and now.. 4 hours later I still cannot get to any websites..

-Also, when I try to use my youtube app I get the message; "Connection problem. "java.io.IOException: Bad content-type"

Should I continue waiting? or is there something else I should do? Im really confused and disappointed with the fact that I cannot access the internet.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Internet problems with my droid!

Have you rebooted your device since you removed the content filter from your account? If not, try to reboot your device and see if that works. Let us know!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Internet problems with my droid!

@Greg

Hi Greg many of the sites on the Android are google sites and are restricted due to search which is not permitted for 7 and 13 rated filters.

Since you purchased a Droid for your child, i recommend the 17 year old setting, as that permits the google apps and blocks the most offensive content.

0 Likes