Integrated Calling - Now Reactivated in Verizon App
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I just checked my tablet about an hour ago and found out that Verizon reactivated The Integrated Calling Feature within the Verizon Message Plus App.  Now everyone can now go back to making phone calls from their Android Tablet using their Verizon Cell phone number.

I'm not sure who to personally thank from Verizon for making this happen, but I Thank You Verizon....All The Same!!  😀😀

0 Likes
Re: Integrated Calling - Now Reactivated in Verizon App
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I just checked my Android Smartwatch, and unfortunately The Verizon Message Plus App is still not compatible with Google's Wear OS Smartwatch Software.  But at least Integrated Integrated Calling is now enabled, and that's the 1st step towards resolving the bigger issue.  Hopefully, Verizon will work with Google to resolve this bigger issue...

Until then....I will count my Blessings One Baby Step At A Time...

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Now that Integrated Calling is Enabled, can someone from Verizon inform us; whether or not Verizon will be working on solving the issue of: Verizon Apps not being Compatible with Google's Smartwatch Software (Wear OS)?!?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOG0277,

I'm glad to hear integrated calling is working well for you. I know how useful it can be to have full access to your service from any device. At this time we don't have anything new to announce regarding Wear OS though. What compatibility issues are you having?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Verizon-Messages/Message-App-Still-Not-Campatible-with-Andr...

Around December of 2017 when Google released its Android Oreo update; all Verizon Apps suddenly became incompatible with Google's Smartwatch Software (Wear OS).  So I haven't been able to download the Verizon Message Plus App onto my Android Smartwatch. Since then,  I've been complaining to both Verizon and Google, but neither seems interested in fixing the issue....See attached Link above for more Info.

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I'm very thankful to Verizon for FINALLY Reactivating Integrated Calling ( Integrated Calling was disabled by Verizon in April of 2018)....

Verizon's Message Plus App still doesn't work on my Android Smartwatch (Verizon's App hasn't worked on Android watches since December 2017).....Now I'm starting to think that Verizon will NEVER RESOLVE this last issue....

Probably because they're already making huge profits selling Samsung LTE Smartwatches (Samsung watches don't use Android Software, and they are compatible with Verizon Apps)....And, since they're already making money on Samsung watches; there's no profit motive in it for them to resolve the issue with Android Smartwatch software...

Verizon...Please Care About Your Customers and Prove Me Wrong!!

0 Likes
wordpainter
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is now See 2019.  All of a sudden may tab s3 stopped receiving integrated messages. In other words, the integrated messages does not work. It used to, with this tab and my s7edge phone. Now, just like that it does not work. Verizon, do you honestly know what is going on, deliberately ignore your customers, or actually care (that was a joke.). Is the integrated messaging in operation, will it be, when, if so, and if not, why haven't you notified your customers., this very irresponsible. Reason enough to change cell companies. Verizon, you say it is working. It is not.

diluli24
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue

0 Likes
cdharmon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem on my samsung galaxy s3 tablet.  has worked great,  but now it doesn't receive messages.  I can send but not received.  reinstalled and still same issue. 

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

I just made a phone call ( on 9/2/2019 at 8:50pm) using Verizon Integrated Calling from my Samsung S3 Tablet.  The call went through perfectly, with no issues.  You may need to update the software on both your tablet and the Verizon App installed on your tablet. 

If that doesn't work, then make sure the calling feature is turned on within the settings menu, within Verizon App on your Tablet.  Also make sure HD Voice & Video Calling is turned on within the Advanced Calling menu on your phone; located inside the settings menu.

0 Likes