Incredible 4g OTA update not showing up
somerandomname1

Incredible 4g supposed to get an OTA update. I know many people have gotten the update. My phone does not prompt for an update.

I also try to search for the update through the "Software Update" section in settings but when I click that, it just searches for a couple seconds, and then disappears...

it doesn't even mention "No Update Available" like it usually does...the dialogue just disappears

anyone know why this may be? or a way to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incredible 4g OTA update not showing up
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can take a few weeks for a system update to filter out to all the phones after a system update is released.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
somerandomname1

that's what I would have normally figured to be the case, and it probably is...I just felt the need to ask because it used to say "No Update Available" and the fact that it's not is kinda bugging me lol

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there Somerandomname1!

I happy that you're eager to get an update to your phone! I always try to keep my electronics up to date as well.

Ann definitely made a good point and that could be the case. I would also recommend to clear out some space on your phone, just in case. Sometimes the updates won't push through if there's not enough room!

Just do a bit of spring cleaning on your phone such as removing unused applications or moving them to the sd card. You can also delete old text and email messages!

Thanks,

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes