Incorrect Data Usage Alerts
shelbdz
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the past several months, I've been getting incorrect data usage alerts via text, and now also via email. When I check my usage on my phone, and also on the website, it is not even close to what the alerts are saying. Why am I getting erroneous alerts? Any idea how to stop them?  (I have a co-worker who also has Verizon Wireless, but a different type of phone, and he has recently been getting similar incorrect alerts via text.)

Labels (1)
Re: Incorrect Data Usage Alerts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shelbdz, I understand that you don't want data confusion. We are here to help you figure this out. The data alerts are generally set up in percentages according to how much data you use. Are you getting texts, saying that you have used a certain percentage of data or are they asking you to increase your data plan? How long has this been happening to you?

MarcusS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
shelbdz
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am getting alerts saying I've used a certain percentage that is far above what I've actually used.

0 Likes
laurenokuma

I'm having this problem too. i got a text message saying 75% of data has been used but when I check online it says I have 93% available data. why am I getting incorrect text alerts?

0 Likes