Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15. Newphoria. Get it on us. Online Only. No trade-in req'd. Limited time offer. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 8,987 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
If you are having this problem - ICS Update...NO USB Connection - or Charge only
COUTMAN2

Connection type - Charge only, not found - after ICS for Droid 4!

If you are having this problem - ICS Update...NO USB Connection - or Charge only
I ran the ICS update. Problems...
1) No Mass Storage/Media Connection (any pc or OS)...It will charge via USB
2) Does not recognize navigation mount for Droid 4

I did change to the original cord that came with the phone. not sure if that helped.  No "Charge only" option at the top of the screen anymore.

I was lookingfor something like this on the Droid 4 forum. But what I did was change to"Camera (PTP)" and it worked for me, like the "Charge Only"connection. It is called "Connected as a camera".

was trying to sync between Companionlink and DejaOffice. Wouldnot recognize, but after changing it worked. Hope this helps for you. Trial anderror always.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hope this helps someone!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If you are having this problem - ICS Update...NO USB Connection - or Charge only
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Did you go to menu>settings>connect to PC and change the default connection type? Some defaults get changed during firmware upgrades.

0 Likes
Re: If you are having this problem - ICS Update...NO USB Connection - or Charge only
COUTMAN2

No. I could not find anything like that. The whole settings menu is different. And the USB connection menu is different. But when I checked "Camera (PTP)". The computer recognized my Droid 4. And I was able to sync.

0 Likes