If I upgrade to a new device, will I be able to keep my current unlimited data plan?
mesmeriser

I've been eligible for an upgrade since July 2011 but I've been waiting to see what Verizon has that really makes me want to change from my Droid X. But so far, that's been nothing. I would like to know, however, when I do decide to upgrade will I be able to keep my unlimited data plan? If so, how?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If I upgrade to a new device, will I be able to keep my current unlimited data plan?
mort78
Enthusiast - Level 2

Talking from personal experience, yes and no. Verizon will allow you to retain your unlimited data plan on some devices, but not others. I went from a Droid X to a Rezound. Before I did the switch, I noticed where they said that the Rezound did not support my plan. I know, it's stupid, but that's the way it went. So I called customer service and they told me that I could keep my unlimited data. However, when I got their receipt notification, I noticed that I was on the 2GB plan for $30. I have a family plan, and made my Droid X the second phone. This retained the unlimited plan. So, I have a Rezound with 2GB and a Droid X with unlimited GB. By the way, I should mention that I swapped out the Rezound, which I did not like, to the LG Spectrum but retained the 2GB data plan and did not go back to unlimited.

0 Likes
Re: If I upgrade to a new device, will I be able to keep my current unlimited data plan?
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I got the same message going from an Eris to a Rezound and taking my wife from an OG Droid to a Dinc2, but when all was said and done, there was no change to our data plans.  You should call them and get your unlimited plan re-instated.

0 Likes