Re: ICS Update for Spectrum: Is it coming or not?
sffbuilder

I actually received a response from Verizon on an inquiry I made of when the Spectrum will be getting the ICS update.

They replied that, "The update is coming, but it is still being tested/debugged and should be released in 45-60 days".  This would put it out the end of November to the first week of December.  At least I received a response with a time frame, but I won't be holding my breath.

It'll probably be a let down anyway, when I've been using Jelly Bean on my Nexus tablet, what an improvement over GB.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sounds like AFTER the best selling devices get their updates like any other manufacturer.  SIII already starting to roll out in Korea as we speak, and Europe/Asia next, followed by NA/SA with JB.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

No this isn't true. All you have to do is prove the information was material to influencing rational people's device purchases, and that there were alternate devices and service providers available.

And I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but to use your analogy, wonder if you the promoter book someone, and then for what ever reason, you convince the act not to show on the booked date, or you book other acts so that it's not logistically possible for the act to show on that date, and you just tell people the performer will make an appearence some time in the future. You most certainly have to refund the customer's money. But we are no longer discussing false advertisement.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

On the LG forums, someone posted that the ICS update has left the VZW testing labs, certified and should be ready to push within the week. I hope this is true.

0 Likes
paradoxsbs
0 Likes
Android007

Hooray! LG Spectrum ICS software update is out.....finally!!!!   I just updated.  Its amazingggg!   I truly believe we ALL have contributed to this anticipated software update and Verizon has recogized us. haha.   Id like to thank you ALL for your input and thoughts on this thread!  Obviously, Ive been waiting a while for this.    

0 Likes