I work for a Defense contractor and camera phones are not allowed...
dfsoto

...so I downloaded "Disable Camera" from the Play Store and it works like a charm. My employer now wants a letter from Verizon confirming that I did that (they won't take my word). Does Verizon do stuff like this? I am pretty sure they can tell what apps I downloaded and what services I disabled in my hardware. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I work for a Defense contractor and camera phones are not allowed...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Don't bring your phone on site? Purchase a legacy BlackBerry with the camera?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Oops. A Blackberry without a camera.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
dfsoto

My HTC One is so amazing I want it with me all the time!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

What good would a letter from Verizon do? What would keep you from deleting the app after you got the letter? Or turning off the app?

What does everyone else do at your place of employment? You can't possibly be the ONLY one with a camera phone.

Klue
Master - Level 1

Where I worked camera phones and recording devices were not allowed. Caught with one and it was cause for termination so you had to choose between your toy and your job. After awhile you will not feel the need to have a phone in your hand all day long.

0 Likes
BakerGeckos
Contributor - Level 3

I have heard of people taking a NAIL to their CAMERA so then they would say try to use it. It's broken. but of course that ruins all warranty on the device. My advice is leave it in the car if you can't do that and they can't trust you then I'd say is the job worth it and again depending on that answer Start again at the top or move on.

0 Likes