I want to know what is going on RIGHT NOW! Phone keep recycling/rebooting.! shut it down it comes back to life...what the heck is going on???
JMGute

What the heck is going on....YOU GOT HACKED?  Well just say it and fix the problem!  Not like everyone else isnt' getting hacked.  OWN up to it,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I want to know what is going on RIGHT NOW! Phone keep recycling/rebooting.! shut it down it comes back to life...what the heck is going on???
TKDMaster

I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon.  Looks as if Google released an update that is causing this problem.  My phone started restarting about 1:30PM PST and continued until just now.  I have a Droid Maxx and had to do the factory reset to fix the issue.  This is what was done to finally fix the problem.

1) Set the phone to Airplane Mode (As long as the phone does not make an internet connection, it will not reboot.)

2) Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Factory data Reset ( You will lose all of your saved data. Hope you have a backup to Verizon Cloud)

3) The phone will reset itself and you will see the green Android robot erasing all of your data.

4) After the phone has been reset to factory, you will need to answer all of the prompts to restore your phone.

5) If you have used Verizon Cloud, then you have to restore your account settings so you can recover your contacts and any pictures, videos, music, etc.

That is pretty much it.  My phone is now working again, but I did lose what I did not backup to the cloud.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
Re: I want to know what is going on RIGHT NOW! Phone keep recycling/rebooting.! shut it down it comes back to life...what the heck is going on???
RedDotNOLA

The same thing happened to me and about three other people who went to the Verizon store tonight.  Also had to do a reset to get the phone working again.  The Verizon reps didn't have any idea of what was happening.

0 Likes