I used to enjoy about 1.5Mb speed on my Andriod at home. (I can get about 2Mb when I'm out.
micjustmic

I used to enjoy about 1.5Mb speed on my Andriod at home. (I can get about 2Mb when I'm out. Now I'm lucky to get 128Kbps at home. Have no idea what happened. It's not the phone since I can get 2Mbps elsewhere. Something happen to the tower(s) in the 25504 zip code?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I used to enjoy about 1.5Mb speed on my Andriod at home. (I can get about 2Mb when I'm out.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this speed issue micjustmic! No issues are noted for Barboursville. What's your phone model and software version?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I used to enjoy about 1.5Mb speed on my Andriod at home. (I can get about 2Mb when I'm out.
micjustmic

HTC Droid Incredible, Software number -​ 4.08.605.19 710RD

It will occasionally get faster for a short time, then it will drop to

sub-dial-up speeds, but I haven't seen 1.5Mbps in better than two weeks.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for replying Micjustmic

Please power down the device remove and reinsert the Sim card. Then power up in Safe mode and retest. Here's how to power on in Safe mode: http://bit.ly/VV02oT

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
micjustmic

These would be great suggestions if I owned a DROID Incredible 4G LTE.

I have the ORIGINAL Incredible. No ‘S’, no ‘2’ no ‘4G’.

So there’s no SIM card to pull. I’ve tried safe mode app removal, I’ve even reset the phone. No joy.

I’m considering dropping Verizon and going with a pre-paid provider. I’m happy with my voice service with Verizon, but all other aspects of the service seem ‘Incredibly’ overpriced.

Now I don’t even have the high-speed I once had.

I don’t believe it’s the phone. When I’m in other places I get a consistent 2Mbps. Only at home (and yes, outside too) when I’m on the ‘local’ tower. Even when I’m very close to it I get lousy data rates. Three or four bars and great voice, just slow data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the confusion micjustmic! I know how frustrating slow data speeds can be. I'm not showing any issues in this location, and 3G service should be strong here. Let's try Safe Mode on your original Droid Incredible, and see if you're able to get the speeds you normally would expect. http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/31062

Please let us know if the speeds improve, or if you have similar results in Safe Mode.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
arkainzeye
Contributor - Level 1

i am having the same issue!  mine started the last week in april.. had many samsung note 2 phones replaced... sim cards... settings adjusted... trouble tickets... nothing changed. its so bad that after 19 years, tomorrow im going to the mall and starting to get a feel for what my options are from other cell phone providers...   No one seems to be able to fix my issues, and im surely not going to pay a $XXX.XX number every month on my cellphone bill when it barely works where i need it too....  i hope these other providers have some good deals going on...

0 Likes
micjustmic

I have already tried safe mode. No improvement.

A friend using Verizon is experiencing the same issue. It's not my phone.

As I said previously; if I'm close to the local tower I still get slow

speed, but if I'm closer to another, when in Huntington, I show 2Mb.

on Speedtest.net.

Thanks for trying. Another friend is using a third-party pre-paid phone

that uses AT&T's network with no issues.

It is half the monthly cost, no data limits and no contract.

On May 18, 2014 2:05 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I bet it does have a soft data limit expressed in their terms and service. All MVNOs have 2-5GB limited before throttling. AT&T has higher priority to their direct customers so MVNO carriers will be throttled during peak usage times to ensure their customers the best speeds around that time.

0 Likes
micjustmic

I know it does have a ‘soft’ data limit….but as it stands; I’m not getting even dial-up speeds, unless I go to the next town over, then I can get 2Mbps.

With Verizon and AT&T ‘limited’ plans, you pay for any extra over your limit, correct?

At least with the ‘pre-paid unlimited’ plans, if you go past your ‘high-speed’ limit, they just throttle your data and don’t start charging by the megabyte.

I can barely get my email on my phone near home like this.

At this point, I don’t care if this is resolved. I’m going to try a pre-paid phone and if it works out; I’ll simply cancel my Verizon. $90 a month for only 450 minutes and 250 texts is a bit much for my limited income.

0 Likes