I tried to upgrade my son's phone today at a verizon store in Alabama, and get this....The salesperson lost the sale along with verizon, because they would not let me purchase the phone there without changing my package. Dumb policy Verizon....
ladybugg659
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, ,my son wanted a new phone.  I had agreed to upgrade the phone, But I do not agree to allow Verizon to change my plan. I pay my bill automatically every month on time, every month.  It is automatically deducted from my account. I AM A GOOD CUSTOMER VERIZON.  I have a daughter in college, and a  son in high school.  I like to know what my bill is every month, for the past 36 months. 

I can not for the life on  me understand a policy that turn me away as a costumer.  I  would not buy the phone from verizon for anything now.  I am considering changing phone carriers because of this.  I was expecting to spend 400 dollars for the phone and supplies.  And was told there was not way they could help me unless they were willing to change plans.  Boy, verizon I guess you think you are big enough to push your customers around.  I  did not accept  your deal.. I walked out of your store without a phone, and wondering why on earth anyone would be bullied around like this.  I will buy another phone for my son, but it won't be from verizon.

Verizon, you were willing to charge me for a smart phone package for my son, before he had a smart phone.  But, I guess that was okay as long as I was willing to pay it.  Please notice,  the economy is not good.  People are having to cut out alot of extra expenses.  I am a single parent. I am going to look at the policies of the other carriers in the area. 

I was willing to buy the phone at the upgrade price, and spend money in your store for the accessories needed. But, I want to know what my phone bill is every month.  Is that so hard to understand.  A budget.....

Verizon, You are a huge company, and this a terrible policy.

WHY????????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I tried to upgrade my son's phone today at a verizon store in Alabama, and get this....The salesperson lost the sale along with verizon, because they would not let me purchase the phone there without changing my package. Dumb policy Verizon....
ladybugg659
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unhappy about Verizon unlimited data plan? Ditch it for prepaid

Customers with unlimited data are not pleased that they must pay full price for phones to keep their unlimited service in the future. CNET's Marguerite Reardon lays out the alternatives.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57490537-94/unhappy-about-verizon-unlimited-data-plan-ditch-it-for-...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I tried to upgrade my son's phone today at a verizon store in Alabama, and get this....The salesperson lost the sale along with verizon, because they would not let me purchase the phone there without changing my package. Dumb policy Verizon....
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What part of the plan was going to be changed?  I know there should have been the upgrade fee, but you are going to found that at all the top four carriers.  If the line being upgraded had unlimited data, then yes that was going to change if you chose to purchase the price at the discounted price since you would be signing a new contract for that line.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Because the policy changed earlier this year. However, you either got a rep who really wants an upgrade commission OR you went to a 3rd party reseller and they do not have the options to keep you on your same plan.

So questions:

What plan do you have? Full description from bill would be great.

What plan did they say you have to choose? (Share Everything?)

Does your son currently have unlimited data (That would have to go if getting a subsidized phone. No way around that unless ya pay full price)

What was the address of the store you went to?

Have you tried upgrading online to see if a change is required? (If you are required online, then it must occur for you to get what you want)

0 Likes
ladybugg659
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unhappy about Verizon unlimited data plan? Ditch it for prepaid

Customers with unlimited data are not pleased that they must pay full price for phones to keep their unlimited service in the future. CNET's Marguerite Reardon lays out the alternatives.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57490537-94/unhappy-about-verizon-unlimited-data-plan-ditch-it-for-...

0 Likes
Re: I tried to upgrade my son's phone today at a verizon store in Alabama, and get this....The salesperson lost the sale along with verizon, because they would not let me purchase the phone there without changing my package.  Dumb policy Verizon....
budone
Legend

Yeah, that is old news. Was in the news on every channel back in June and July. It is correct, pay full price or by from a third party. in order to keep unlimited data.

But I thought based on your post, your son has a basic/feature phone right now with unlimited data?? If so, even if you paid full price for a phone, he would have to lose the unlimited data as basic phone data is a different code than the smartphone unlimited data they used to offer.

0 Likes
Re: I tried to upgrade my son's phone today at a verizon store in Alabama, and get this....The salesperson lost the sale along with verizon, because they would not let me purchase the phone there without changing my package.  Dumb policy Verizon....
ladybugg659
Enthusiast - Level 2

HE has a droid phone.. I think it is a smart phone. But, it was a replacement after the first phone was torn up. As for this being old news, I don't watch telephone tech news daily. But, I am looking at it now. Seems to be a lot of unhappy customers regarding this policy. 

0 Likes
Koyotekyle

I have had the same problem.  I have been with Verizon (GTE) for over 40 years.  I  had my office phone with Verizon before I retired.  I have my cell phones (3) with Verizon. I have my home phone, my cabin phone, internet and TV .all with Verizon. My phone has not been working right, and I wanted to get a new phone.  To keep my UNLIMITED use, I have to buy a phone at full retail or I lose my Unlimited use. If I lose my current benefits it will cost an additional $50 per month on top of my over $350 I pay now.  They already took away my 2 years free benefit .After all the years, I am shopping.  TOO MANY COMPANIES ARE GIVING FREE PHONES AND UNLIMITED USE.   I guess I will need to start shopping

0 Likes
Not applicable

Verizon stopped allowing unlimited data plans on all new contracts signed 6/28/12 or after.  This is really old news by now.

0 Likes