I sometimes miss calls and voice messages
dnjen
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sometimes miss calls and voice messages, and I only find out when someone tells me they left a message that I do not have on record. I need my phone to be reliable so the idea of missing even one voice message is very problematic.

Also, I have a permanent notification saying that I have 3 voice messages, but this seems to have no relation to lost messages. When I do get a new message it appears as a second voice notification on top of the permanent one.

Turning it off and on again doesn't work, sigh. I just had a software update but since the permanent 3 voice message notification is still there I'm guessing it didn't fix the problem.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I sometimes miss calls and voice messages
dnjen
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was an update to the Voice Mail app two weeks ago, that it seems to have resolved the issue since I have had no further problems. Thanks for the help!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Try using the Free Basic Visual Voicemail

0 Likes
dnjen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, I think Free Basic Visual Voicemail is part of the problem. When I click the permanent voicemail notifacation it links to voicemail in the phone app where I have to enter my pin, but new messages link to the Visual Voicemail app. Perhaps it's an issue of incompatible software?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dnjen, it's important to us that your wireless service is relilable. Let's handle each issue one at a time. First, we recommend that you call your voice mail and enter your password to check your messages. Once you have checked your messages, you will need to press the (*) key to end that session. This will reset your voice mail indicator.

Next, let's soft reset your device. Please power your device off and briefly remove the sim card. Keep us posted and let us know if the above steps provided solves your issues. We're standing by to assist you.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dnjen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi LasinaH_VZW,

I followed your suggestion and called voice mail and went through all of my messages, then pressed *. It still says I have 3 messages (I actually have 8 and all of them have been heard). To be more specific, the permanent voice mail notification says "New voice mail (3)" and the date listed is the day I last powered on my phone.

I'd be happy to try a soft reset, but on this model of Droid MAXX the sim card is inaccessible without opening the phone. Do you have a video for opening the back of the phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to attempt the steps that Lasina provided.

Let's proceed with the SIM removal. You can find the intructions here

http://bit.ly/U5KUHZ. Please let us know how this works out for  you.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kmc8804

I had a similar problem...did factory reset, changed out SIM card, exchanged phone....turns out the new Google Now interferes with reception when you have it set to "activate from any screen". If you have Google Now, set it to "from Google screen only". Haven't had an issue since.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
dnjen
Enthusiast - Level 2

TamaraH_VZW, I was able to remove the sim card by referring to this video: motorola droid maxx / droid ultra how to remove, replace and insert sim card tray - YouTube

Apparently the access cover is hidden in the volume buttons. But the soft reset hasn't changed the voice message notification.

kmc8804, that is an interesting thought, but I don't even have Google Now activated. Maybe I should try activating it to change that setting. I might do the same for Assist since my device is always notifying me to try the app, not that I'll use it.

Also, I usually keep location settings off when I'm not using GPS. Any known issues with that?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dnjen,

I appreciate you testing the removing and reinserting the SIM. I am glad you were able to find a video to assist you with the process. kmc8804, did provide some great information regarding Google Now. Please test the steps provided by kmc8804 and keep us posted if that helped.

In regards to your locations settings, having location settings turned off should not affect your voicemail notificiations.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dnjen
Enthusiast - Level 2

There was an update to the Voice Mail app two weeks ago, that it seems to have resolved the issue since I have had no further problems. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes