I need help regarding low memory warnings on my Pantech Breakout
yankeedoug

I got a Pantech Breakout back in April and it was my first jump into the world of smartphones.  Hasn't been the best choice I have made tech-wise but in a year I will upgrade.

My problem is, about two weeks ago, the phone randomly switched the low memory warning parameter from 90% down to 70% and now I have a constant low memory warning.  How do I switch that notification back to the 90% threshhold?

Thanks for any help you all can give.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I need help regarding low memory warnings on my Pantech Breakout
JackW327

Thanks for posting this. Sorry, the only thing I can think of is to delete the system updates that may have changed it.

I had not noticed the change from 90% to 70% but that is what the Memory Manager help screen says now. My last Andriod update was Dec. 19th according to the phone information. That would correlate with what you are saying.

I've had to go through and clean up some of the data my apps had stored and remove updates on the stock apps I don't use. Helped. I got it down to 61%.

0 Likes
yankeedoug

Thanks Jack.  Just really frustrating that Pantech/Verizon did this. 

<Email signature with personal information removed per the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please, I repeat PLEASE don't post your email signature information on this public forum. It exposes all that info to the entire world.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tanista

My mom and I are also having the same memory issues with our Pantech Breakouts (and we feel the same way about them now as the original poster- too early to upgrade, though!). We've also gone through the apps, uninstalled updates, etc. until the warning goes away. The problem is we have to go through the same thing every time we turn on the phones, because it keeps updating automatically. Is the new OS update responsible for this problem, and if so, how do we revert to the previous version, when the memory issues weren't happening?

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
w7dav

Does anyone know who to remove the latest verizon/ pantech update that happened around the first of the year? Ever since it added a memory app that I can not remove that causes my phone to get memory full issues ..you are with in 30% full and you have to go in and delete apps or email programs i use just to get the phone to run right.What started out as a good first time smart phone has turned in to the worse phone I have had. While the local VZ store manager was going to replace the phone with the same I told her no why would I want the same issues again and again. I have to wait till at least the end of May to be able to even think about changing phones. Why or who at verizon thinks pushing out updates or throwing worthless apps on everyones phone is the correct way. We as users should have the choice before it ever happens if we want updates let alone worth less apps that take up memory on a phone that never had any memory to begin with. Oh and a lot of the apps will not move to the SD card. So anyone reading this and I will go to every web site I can find and post do not buy whither free or not the Pantech Breakout phone. Verizon will help you get a new phone but a a marked up high price. If there is anyway to remove the latest update let me know. Thanks from a long time Verizon wireless very unhappy now customer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No, you can't reverse the system update to an earlier version of the operating system.

What troubleshooting steps have you completed? Have you gone as far as a factory reset? A factory reset will clear up memory error and restore the phone to a factory state with the latest version of the OS installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes