I'm sure it's been addressed but my Samsung S4 just this past month decided to eat data,WHY
Rustyhinges

My Samsung S4 just started to eat data and Verizon is texting me all day and night to go up with more GB. I am not doing anything different and have no new apps. I made sure the video on Facebook is off and on data saving plan plus use wifi all day at work. Is this a scandle?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I'm sure it's been addressed but my Samsung S4 just this past month decided to eat data,WHY
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have things backing up / syncing to a cloud? If its doing that every day with pictures, video, or messages containing large files like that its going to eat up your data fast.

Go into Settings -> Data useage and it will list what apps you have, and how much data each is consuming. elimanate the problem ones by clicking on the app name in that screen then scroll down and put a check in Restrict background data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I'm sure it's been addressed but my Samsung S4 just this past month decided to eat data,WHY
Android_Optimizer
Contributor - Level 2

Do you have things backing up / syncing to a cloud? If its doing that every day with pictures, video, or messages containing large files like that its going to eat up your data fast.

Go into Settings -> Data useage and it will list what apps you have, and how much data each is consuming. elimanate the problem ones by clicking on the app name in that screen then scroll down and put a check in Restrict background data.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Understanding your data use is important, Rustyhinges! There are many things that can factor into a sudden increase in data. Thank you for ensuring Facebook Video is off. You can also view which applications are using the most data by going to Settings, Data Usage and scrolling to the bottom. As Android_Optimizer mentioned, making sure the device is not syncing to cloud services and restricting background data are great steps to keeping the phone data use, controlled. Please let us know if you have further concerns on this. Thank you.

TanishaS1_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes