I'm Calling Myself....
Stryder64

Today I started receiving calls with my caller ID picture showing with the number "00000000" displayed.  Anyone else been running into this lately?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: I'm Calling Myself....
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's figure this out together.  When did this first start?  How often are you getting these calls?  What type of phone do you have?  When did this last occur?

SeanC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: I'm Calling Myself....
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

It most likely is not a phone or Verizon problem..well,not a Verizon problem directly anyway. 

I can't say for sure but it is most likely a spoofed number call.  Bad guys (ok, or girls Smiley Happy ) spam call and spoof the number so it appears as your own number or caller ID.

Best thing to do is ignore it; don't pick up, don't unsubscribe if it comes through a text message.  I had the same thing happen pretty regularly over the course of about a month but eventually it stopped.

Spam calls are getting worse in general.  I kept a log last month of my "real" calls as opposed to spam calls,  I only had 23 real incoming calls...I had 139 spam calls; I didn't track the spam text messages. 

My blocking app has 284 individual numbers in the list and 8 global blocks of numbers with the same area code and exchange; the app hangs up automatically without allowing voicemail.  I get, on average, 8 spam calls a day and most of those are within a short, and I mean within just a couple of hours, timeframe.  Anyone I need to talk to is identified by name..otherwise I don't answer the call.

0 Likes