I just got my Droid Eris, and I have a question. Please help
nevah2hi

I traded in my envy for the droid eris.  I love ringtones and I like being able to personalize my phone the best I can.   I have downloaded a few ringtones for my phone thus far.  And the ones that I have for ringtones work but not for text messages.  I have set up my notifications defualt ringtone but all my texts come in as a beep.  Can someone please help me to change this. 

Also, Is there anyway to set up texting ringtones per individual?  I know I couldnt do it on my envy but I didnt know if they were able to make that work yet. 

Thank you so much for any and all help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I just got my Droid Eris, and I have a question. Please help
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

You'll need another app to do that. Ringo (or Ringo Pro) will allow you to do a lot with ring tones, including assigning customer text alerts. 

I'm also partial to Handcent SMS, an alternate SMS program that has many nifty features, including the ability to assign customer text alerts.

Best of luck.

0 Likes
mazdanick

the ringo app works for the issue of the tone for the text messaging. I just did it my self cuz i have the same issue on the Eris

0 Likes
chrisdazzo

When you transfer your ringtones to your phone, put your ringtones (MP3s work best here) into /SDCARD_NAME/media/ringtones/ and your notification ringers into /SDCARD_NAME/media/notifications/. I had the same issue with my Eris, and this worked perfectly. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
monkespit

answer-

choice 1 - ringo free or paid.

tried it not good, didnt ever play full message tone, sound would always cut off

choice 2 - rings extended, free + handcent sms free

works great, to change individual txt tones for contacts you have to open a thread with someone and click the personal settings on top right for each person, choose rings extended at popup to be able to choose any sound you want if its not in the htc choices.

i suggest 2, as handcent it a great free customizable messaging app and  i think theres also like 5 font packs that handcent put out themselves.

0 Likes