Re: I just HATE Verizon...In store reps lie & Corp just smiles!  Have they lied to You?
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

they get great service and DO YOU WORK FOR VZW?

0 Likes
Re: I just HATE Verizon...In store reps lie & Corp just smiles!  Have they lied to You?
Not applicable

jondal wrote:

they get great service and DO YOU WORK FOR VZW?

No. Why would you say that? The point is if one thinks Verizon is ripping them off or whatever why would they stay whit them? Only an idiot would stay with a company they think is ripping them off.

0 Likes
Re: I just HATE Verizon...In store reps lie & Corp just smiles! Have they lied to You?
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

Brian, here is a story on Verizon holding out on the Nexus update, but I'm sure you're right and cnet is wrong.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57499507-94/go-ahead-and-blame-verizon-for-a-jelly-bean-less-galaxy...

0 Likes
Re: I just HATE Verizon...In store reps lie & Corp just smiles! Have they lied to You?
Not applicable

The carrier has rigorous testing procedures which may delay the roll-out of new software. For example, not only does Verizon test the new software on devices on its network, but it also tests how the updates are pushed to the phones

And this is a BAD thing?

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2
You questioned the fact that they delayed it (actually calling it BS), so I was just showing you that you were wrong. Now you're acknowledging it's delayed but for a good reason. It's strange it takes them so much longer to produce an update when other carriers, even Sprint who is a fellow CDMA network pushes theirs out faster. The original 4.04 took almost 5 months (after Google sent source out) to send out and the fixes were for radio issues and several bugs.  So, my question to you is if their testing is so good (you're only take from that article), how did they let a faulty update like 4.02 hit the market and why 5 months to fix something that was affecting not just data, but phone calls as well. Some people on here say, they don't have to give updates, because a phone is just supposed to makes calls. Well, some Nexuses didn't due that due to faulty radio problems, so I believe Verizon did owe Nexus owners an update and sooner than their roll out. Don't get me wrong, I think they have coverage better than any other carrier, but to try and give them a pass on updates is just BS. They are very poor with updates and I've been with Verizon since 1995, so I should know.
0 Likes
Not applicable

I never said it was B-S. I said it was B-S if no PROOF was shown. Secondly the idea that Verizon is holding the update back for nefarious purposes IS in fact B-S. Thirdly If Verizon came out with a faster update and there was issues the SAME whiners would complain about that and bash Verizon for releasing an update that wasn't ready. In other words these people can't not be pleased no matter what. And in my opinion why should Verizon bother pleasing them AT ALL in that case?

0 Likes
WSURaiders3910
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not up to ME to search for these stories it's up to the one's making accusations to provide PROOF. Otherwise I call B-S.

I believe you called it B-S, if someone did not provide proof for you. So I provided proof for you. I never said they did it for nefarious reasons. I don't believe they do it to be wicked, I believe they aren't any good at it or they don't worry about it, probably the latter. They are more worried about getting record profits every quarter.  Don't get me wrong, I'm a capitalist at heart (Director of Marketing in the aerospace engineering software sector is my profession), so I understand you are in business to make money. Saying that, if you are arrogant enough to think alienating customers is a good business practice you are sorely mistaken. They're needs to be a happy median and producing updates that everyone else gets 4-6 months earlier is not good practice (especially since most phone technology is good for a couple of years, admitted by their own hardware upgrade program and they want you to sign new contracts) . Also, communication might help them if they would just throw a blog post up every once in a while to let everyone know they are working on it. No time frames, because that creates issues if you miss.  The reason they don't is because you can only say we're working on it for so long (1, 2 maybe 3 months).  If it takes Verizon 5 months to push an update that every other phone in every other country has, that almost sounds like incompetence. I don't believe its that, so I think they just do upgrades whenever they want or feel like it, no matter what the outcry is.  They understand if you have new phones, you probably have a new contract, so you're stuck unless you want to pay ETF. That is why I said they aren't good at updates, PERIOD!

0 Likes
45Frank
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK I have been reading these post for days and felt what the heck jump in here since you seem to be protecting the verizon point of view when they have none. I was B/S by a Verizon rep and it's costing me an additional $20.00 per month for the next two years. Now do they have really good sales folk or Liars, that's an individual assessment I figure.

I had no contract for years, bought most of my phones used and had N/P with that. They Verizon were relentless calling and sending all these wonderful specials. THEY convinced me when I called to try to lower my bill that it would be $20.00 per month cheaper for a different plan and I would get a smart phone out of the deal. Bottom line is I now have a smart phone that doesn't WORK for crap, I have 1/2 dozen threads here asking for help you can look them up, my bill is $20.00 per month MORE, and the update I got about two weeks ago has left my phone nearly useless. Customer service has no clue, the in store reps just reset the phone and say wow call tech. support.

So why don't I leave, because I am now tied into a 2 year contract because I was LIED to, you can call it stealing if you wish because I do.

0 Likes
aliddlelost

yes they lie and cheat and steal and I am also stuck in a contract. I have been with them way to long but I need a good signal as I was an OTR truck driver. I bought the droid bionic phone less than a year ago and had nothing but problems with it. After about 200.00 worth of new batteries and chargers they finally decided it was the phone and sent me a new (excuse me a refurbished) phone. Which has been working ok but still not right. I was told to return the broken phone in the box that the new phone came in. Needless to say they seemed to forget to send the fedex label to return it so they sent a label later. I sent it back and low and behold Verizon tells me it didn't get there. They gave me a tracking number to give fedex to look for the package and sure enough there is no such number with fedex. Now get this when talking to the verizon reps (and I've talked to a lot of them) I had at least 3 or 4 of them mention that they recieved the other phone I had sent back. I thought they were referring to a phone from about 4 yrs ago that we had to return because it was also no good. But, as it turned out it was an IPAD. That's great I'm glad they got the IPAD back that I have never owned. And it's funny that they got that IPAD right at the same time that I had sent the Droid Bionic back. And the worst part about the whole BS thing is that they say that the IPAD is totally irrelevant. "If I had sent the Droid back it would be in our warehouse". And now they are trying to charge me 700.00 for the phone. Yes Verizon sucks and I am going to try to find a way to fight them. I'm thinking one way would be to start a class action law suit against them. I would like anyone who would be interested in joining the fight to email me at <Personal information removed for privacy per the TOS.>. I can't promise anything as I am not a lawyer but, I do know if there are enough people a lawyer would take the case and I'm pretty sure Verizon will lose as we all know they are liars cheaters and thieves and are taking advantage of all of us.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Brian, it's not my duty to provide proof to you or Demmo86rt.

But there are smarter people out there than I that tracked the revisions of the builds LG provided VZW. We know when that process went static. We know when LG uploaded the ICS-based manual for the Spectrum. We know when an LG employee indicated the OTA should be any day. And that was months and months ago.

We know the build was modified, probably because of the possibility of EUs having issues with one download completing successfully.

My money is on VZW simply not having sufficient resources in the testing role to validate the builds on all of the phones getting updates. Some of the OEMs probably delivered poor quality builds that required too many iterations. But, VZW I doubt is staffed sufficiently for the task. I'm not being flippant here, I'm actually trying to see the other side of the coin as a reasonable person might.

However, it was interesting, that the Lucid and the Spectrum got ICS, and less than a week before the Spectrum 2 was introduced. I mean, it looks like VZW waited for the Spectrum, right up to the end, to go EOL before offering the OTA. It could have been provided earlier, if VZW resources had actually verified it earlier..

People are noticing. The OEMs are re-assessing the negative impact it has on their reputation when the carrier holds off updates. .

The model has to change. There should be no advertising of Key Features in specific timeframes, with unambiguous language with failure to deliver. That is deceptive and it is illegal.