Re: I just HATE Verizon...In store reps lie & Corp just smiles!  Have they lied to You?
gman31
Contributor - Level 1

typo on the last message

0 Likes
Re: I just HATE Verizon...In store reps lie & Corp just smiles!  Have they lied to You?
Not applicable

gman31 wrote:

Futher more there is nothing worse than a company that would keep customers in the know, even if I don't like the message. 

I think that all of the responders are part of the problem and thus allowing Verizon to keep dragging its feet when update come out.

And I really don't think any of us buy these devices with the thought I don't care about the updates.

Gman31, I don't care about updates. I am sure I am not alone. I use it mainly as a phone. occasional it comes in handy for short messages and email. And sometimes I look up something on Google but hey to each their own

0 Likes
Not applicable

Well, I care about the updates too, but I patiently wait for them.  I figure I'll get it when I get it. I'm sure no amount of pleading, whining, cojoling(sp?), threatening of lawsuits, or even politely asking is going to hurry the release.

Another guess on my part is that the few that do "rant" about not getting an update when "promised" (their word) will also be the first to "rant" about the upgrade and how it didn't cure every ill they felt their phone was experiencing, and complaining about why would they release an update when it's not ready.

I would also challenge the "ranters" to produce anything in writing from Google or Verizon where either one or both "promise" to release an update by a specific date.  Most of the info regarding when updates will be forthcoming usually are reported by phone review sites or forums of some kind. Many disclaimers site "a trusted source" when it's my guess is that these released upgrade dates are target dates, because you just never know what can happen at some future date that might cause you to miss your "target".

Buy a phone for what it can do for you now, not what you think it can do for you a some furure date.  Then when you get an upgrade, it's a plus.  I just last week bought a Maxx HD for what it can do for me now, not for what I perceive it can give me when it gets Jelly Bean.

Justs my 2 cents on this subject.

Right now I'm patiently waiting for the release of my next smartphone sometime around the Summer of 2014.

Best of luck to everyone,

Not applicable

dirbon wrote:

Well, I care about the updates too, but I patiently wait for them.  I figure I'll get it when I get it. I'm sure no amount of pleading, whining, cojoling(sp?), threatening of lawsuits, or even politely asking is going to hurry the release.

Another guess on my part is that the few that do "rant" about not getting an update when "promised" (their word) will also be the first to "rant" about the upgrade and how it didn't cure every ill they felt their phone was experiencing, and complaining about why would they release an update when it's not ready.

I would also challenge the "ranters" to produce anything in writing from Google or Verizon where either one or both "promise" to release an update by a specific date.  Most of the info regarding when updates will be forthcoming usually are reported by phone review sites or forums of some kind. Many disclaimers site "a trusted source" when it's my guess is that these released upgrade dates are target dates, because you just never know what can happen at some future date that might cause you to miss your "target".

Buy a phone for what it can do for you now, not what you think it can do for you a some furure date.  Then when you get an upgrade, it's a plus.  I just last week bought a Maxx HD for what it can do for me now, not for what I perceive it can give me when it gets Jelly Bean.

Justs my 2 cents on this subject.

Right now I'm patiently waiting for the release of my next smartphone sometime around the Summer of 2014.

Best of luck to everyone,

And I agree 100% with your post. well said.

Re: I just HATE Verizon...In store reps lie & Corp just smiles! Have they lied to You?
Not applicable

stef7 wrote:

Yes VZW had the update (for months), and yes VZW held off releasing it to us.

LINK?

0 Likes
Re: I just HATE Verizon...In store reps lie & Corp just smiles! Have they lied to You?
Not applicable

Hi Brian68 I believe for the Nexus phone and the LG Spectrum there were stories at CNET news.

Maybe a google search will turn up the full articles.

I typed in verizon holds up nexus updates in the serch box and the cnet story was listed so there is valid stories stating verizon holding up updates.

I did not serch about spectrum updates being held up. but I am sure you can find it out there.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Elector wrote:

Hi Brian68 I believe for the Nexus phone and the LG Spectrum there were stories at CNET news.

Maybe a google search will turn up the full articles.

I typed in verizon holds up nexus updates in the serch box and the cnet story was listed so there is valid stories stating verizon holding up updates.

I did not serch about spectrum updates being held up. but I am sure you can find it out there.

It's not up to ME to search for these stories it's up to the one's making accusations to provide PROOF. Otherwise I call B-S.

gman31
Contributor - Level 1

I am making a promise to leave.  Not just whining, pleading & cajoling (sp correctly), but if I can affect just one sale on my way out then success. 

I'm also not trying to cure cancer we have Obama Care for that.  But would like to have Google Chrome.  If you don't know it allow my all my browsers to sync up. Fantastic Multitasking, & cleaner interface.  I'd be happy to point you to some of nicer features that make it a MUST have. 

I don't buy anything for what it is today.  Be it PC', cars, homes, whatever will be upgraded.  If you bought a Maxx for today and not tomorrow, your lose.  Besides being on Verizon has taught you to wait.

My 3 cents

0 Likes
jondal
Contributor - Level 1

i would file a bbb complaint and im with you in the hate VZW

0 Likes
Not applicable

jondal wrote:

i would file a bbb complaint and im with you in the hate VZW

Then LEAVE. How hard is that? Why stay with a company you don't trust?

0 Likes