I have email sync set to manual, but it still periodically syncs on its own?
Rodilator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy Note 3. Sync is on, but set to Manual. Phone still occasionally pulls down email without my input. Why dat is?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have email sync set to manual, but it still periodically syncs on its own?
Rodilator
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have figured it out. Under the sync schedule settings, the 'while roaming' setting was set to something other than 'manual'. I changed that to 'manual' so it will probably be ok. Thanks.

Rod

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I have email sync set to manual, but it still periodically syncs on its own?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to make sure your phone is performing to the settings that you have selected, Rodilator. What kind of email address are you using?  AndreaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Rodilator
Enthusiast - Level 2

My email address is [removed]@sbcglobal.net. Not sure why that would make a difference, but there you go.

Personal information removed as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for that information, Rodilator. If you go to Settings>Under Accounts select your email account>Settings>Select the email>Sync Settings, is Sync email selected? Also, if you pull down your notification bar and select the four square icon located in the upper right hand corner is the Sync icon selected?  AndreaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Rodilator
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, as I mentioned, sync is turned on, but the sync schedule is set to Manual. And the sync icon under the notification bar is green. So it syncs, but still does it automatically on occasion which I don't want. I want to sync manually as I have it set the sync schedule. And thank you for removing my email address, that was pretty dumb on my part.

Rod

0 Likes
Rodilator
Enthusiast - Level 2

I may have figured it out. Under the sync schedule settings, the 'while roaming' setting was set to something other than 'manual'. I changed that to 'manual' so it will probably be ok. Thanks.

Rod

0 Likes