I have a ? bout the Nexus one
wmorones

I just recently signed a 2yr contract in january of this yr i got the eris. I was wondering when the Nexus comes out can I add a line to get the phone then cancel the line to keep the phone? Or am i better off just adding a line for 9.99 a month and keep both phones. I was just wondering any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I have a ? bout the Nexus one
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

wmorones wrote:

ok this is prolly a **bleep** question but my sister is due for a upgrade now would it be possible for her to get the nexus for me and i would pay her and then would she be able to drop the data plan an say she broke the phone or she sold it? I know its prolly a dumb ? but i thought i would ask

Yeah, if your sister wants to give you her upgrade that would be perfectly fine. She would just the order the phone on her number and then request to reactivate her old phone once she gets the new one. If it's all done in the same day she wouldn't pay for the data plan at all. No need to be sneaky about it and say the phone was damaged, VZW is okay with it. People do this type of thing all the time.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

wmorones wrote:

I just recently signed a 2yr contract in january of this yr i got the eris. I was wondering when the Nexus comes out can I add a line to get the phone then cancel the line to keep the phone? Or am i better off just adding a line for 9.99 a month and keep both phones. I was just wondering any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I read this article last night. It said that Nexus One would be here in April sometime. When you cancel a line,you usually have to return everything you get. You are better off adding a line for $9.99.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

If you add a line and get the Nexus at a discount you'd be signing a 2 year contract. If you cancel the line without returning the phone then you pay a $350 ETF.

However, look at it this way: It's cheaper in the long run to pay the $350 ETF if you don't need to second line.

You'll pay $9.99 for the service plus $29.99 for the data plan. $39.98 over 24 months is $959.

So you pay more upfront, but you'll save money in the long run.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

TheGreatOne wrote:

You are better off adding a line for $9.99. It's not $9.99 a month. It's just a one time fee to add the line.

Seriously? I hope you're joking. Of course it's $9.99/month for any Secondary line on a family share plan. Not a one time fee.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

0 Likes
wmorones

ok so ill pay 9.99 upfront to add a new line then i would also have to pay additional 29.99 each month for the data. Is there ne way i could just share the min and data with my plan i already have bc i wont be using the eris when i get the nexus

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

wmorones wrote:

ok so ill pay 9.99 upfront to add a new line then i would also have to pay additional 29.99 each month for the data. Is there ne way i could just share the min and data with my plan i already have bc i wont be using the eris when i get the nexus

No way to share them. Each line would require it's own voice and data plan. So as I said previously, it's best if you just cancel and pay the $350 ETF. Rather than paying $9.99 and $29.99 for 2 years.

0 Likes
wmorones

ok this is prolly a **bleep** question but my sister is due for a upgrade now would it be possible for her to get the nexus for me and i would pay her and then would she be able to drop the data plan an say she broke the phone or she sold it? I know its prolly a dumb ? but i thought i would ask

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

wmorones wrote:

Yeah, if your sister wants to give you her upgrade that would be perfectly fine. She would just the order the phone on her number and then request to reactivate her old phone once she gets the new one. If it's all done in the same day she wouldn't pay for the data plan at all. No need to be sneaky about it and say the phone was damaged, VZW is okay with it. People do this type of thing all the time.

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

Keep in mind that you can do an early upgrade one year into your contract (I'm assuming yours is the primary line). So in 10 months, when you're eligible, the N1 will have been out for several months and you'll know what the bugs are and if you really want it.

0 Likes
wmorones

OK i have one more ? dont know if it would work or not ok lets say i get a regular phone from a friend and dont use th eris ne more and just get a normal phone package, then add a line  and get the nexus at the discount price. Now i would add the txt messaging and data to the nexus and not the regular phone. So would i pay 29.99 for data 20.00 for txt and 39.99 for my 450min (which is 59.99 plan they have) then 9.99 a month for the regular phone. But would i be able to share those 450 min with both phones, i dont want to get ne more minutes bc i wont be using the regular phone. so technicaly right now i pay 81.00 a month with my employee discount so if i just add 9.99 a month it would be 92.00 plus tax.  Sorry if it doesnt make since. Ne advice would help thanks sorry for it being so long.

0 Likes