I have a Samsung S5 that I took pictures of my son's wedding on Saturday.
sbidabo

They uploaded to "the Cloud" and now I have no way of figuring out how to get to them or to download them back to my computer or my phone.  I know one thing for sure, no matter how shitty other services are this is the last time I will have a Verizon phone.  The customer service is the worst, no one ever knows how to do anything, twice they have lied to me about having the ability to to find data.  I am way, way tired of this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a Samsung S5 that I took pictures of my son's wedding on Saturday.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The pictures will still be on the phone unless you deleted them.

Which cloud? The steps to retrieve the files from the cloud will depend on where the files went.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sbidabo

The Verizon Cloud.  I cannot figure out where they are now.  I downloaded them to my computer last night and my computer crashed while downloading (not even a blue screen of death, just a solid black screen).  Not sure if it will ever come back.

I have tried to talk to Verizon support but they make you feel like they are in left field, they have no idea how to tell me to get the pictures either back on my 2nd computer from their cloud or get them downloaded to the phone.

Please someone help me, these are pictures of my ONLY child and hopefully his ONLY wedding.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're here to help out, sbidabo! Sorry to hear you are still having issues recovering your photos. If you go online, and log in to the My Verizon account for the backed up device using this link: http://vz.to/1cKrH67 You should be able to view all the photos that were stored in the cloud. From there you can download them to your computer if you like.

Let us know if this helped.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Jordanwz

sbidabo,

Not sure if anything anyone said yet was helpful but what I do is Open my cloud app and open my photos. At this point there are 3 little dots vertically in the top right of your screen click them inside there will be an option to download from cloud to device gallery. From there I will save them to my sd card storage space on my phone. Then I will just put my sd card in computer and upload them! to download you must select pictures first by long pressing them! I hope I was of some help

0 Likes
sbidabo

The wedding pictures are not showing up on the verizon site, all I am seeing is all the OLD pictures and documents that were on my old phone, nothing from the new Samsung S5.  I need those pictures desperately, they are the only pictures and if this is how the Cloud works I don't want to have anything to do with it.  I now want to turn it off, so it will not back-up anything unless I pick and chose and show it exactly where it should go.

I am getting desperate to find an answer to this issue.

0 Likes
Jordanwz

Hey sorry to hear the pics aren't on myverizon. Are they in the cloud app on the device still?

0 Likes
sbidabo

How can I stop the Cloud from continuing o upload my pictures on the cloud, i want to keep them ON my phone,  Please help me get them back on the phone and teach me how to put in a card that I can back up all my pictures on.  Would that be an SD card?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Even when photos are uploaded to the cloud, they STAY on the phone until YOU delete them from the phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jordanwz

Yes that is an sd card!!! Going forward I would make sure you aquire an SD card. It goes in the slot designated for it near your Sim card in back of your phone. Go into your camera settings and make sure your default storage location is the SD card. If you do this all pictures you take from that point will go to cloud and SD card. To move pics. that are on device open gallery a look for albums marked with folders named like camera, downloads, messaging etc. long press the pics and drag them to a folder that has a SD card on it. You will see on the folder where the pic is stored. With a folder or the shape of a SD card. Hope that helps a little.

0 Likes