I have a HTC ONE and am getting a continual message of "Google has stopped working", cancel or send report....I checked the app and can't find anything weird, what's going on???
mnslider

Help with google +

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I have a HTC ONE and am getting a continual message of "Google   has stopped working", cancel or send report....I checked the app and can't find anything weird, what's going on???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's an unusual issue, mnslider! I'd be happy to help get to the bottom of this.

When did this begin? Are you able to access Google when you open the app?

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I have a HTC ONE and am getting a continual message of "Google has stopped working", cancel or send report....I checked the app and can't find anything weird, what's going on???
mnslider

it started about a month ago or so...i went to the app on my phone itself and cancelled updates to put it to the original settings...it still does it when i log into facebook or something...it super annoying because i either have to cancel the message or send an update to google....it's on the google + application....what would happen if I uninstall google + ??

jeff

0 Likes
Re: I have a HTC ONE and am getting a continual message of "Google   has stopped working", cancel or send report....I checked the app and can't find anything weird, what's going on???
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details mnslider. Let's make sure that we figure this out. Is the device software currently up to date? You can check by going into Settings, Software Update, and Check New. As well you would be able to uninstall or clear the data and cache for that application to see if that would help. As well you would even be able to disable the application all together. Does the Google Play store state that Google requires an update? Take a look here to see how we can try to uninstall or clear the application data http://vz.to/1rUms7V.

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: I have a HTC ONE and am getting a continual message of "Google has stopped working", cancel or send report....I checked the app and can't find anything weird, what's going on???
Tidbits
Legend

If you have OK Google turned on turn it off.  There is currently a bug that if you use Google Keyboard, and Google Now "OK Google" it will cause problems for some users.

0 Likes
mnslider

did the check new and all was updated....if I go to the Google + application in my apps, and either hit disable, it says " if you disable this app, other apps may not work as expected"....also I cleared cache whatever that means....so I guess I can't uninstall Google + and reinstall????

0 Likes
mnslider

my original message got screwed up....Google + is sending the faulty message...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@mnslider

Thanks for keeping us posted with your testing!  You are correct; you cannot uninstall the Google application or service.  However, were you able to successfully clear the data?  You can also disable the Google setting in the apps section in Settings.  Let me know if the message continues after completing these steps.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes