Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,423 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: I hate my phone since forced update!!
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

I know how imperative it is to stay connected with the right hands-free options in your car. I apologize for the hassle this has caused. I would be happy to investigate the concerns with the app further. May I ask what is the current baseband and system version found via Settings>About Phone? While you have uninstalled the app, I would also suggest clearing the cache and data through Settings>Apps>Android Auto>Storage as the cached data can remain even after removing and reinstalling the app.  We are eager to bring back your satisfaction with your device!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee

It's important your device is functioning properly and you still have access to features needed, GEORGEUSX. Android Auto is a Google app that may no longer be compatible with your device. What happens when trying to connect? Do you receive any error messages?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GEORGEUSX

Thank you YaleK_VZW for your reply.  I cleared the cache and data and still cannot connect to Android Auto in the car.  The baseband is MPSS.JO.2.0.c1.2-00044-8937_GENNS_PACK-1     Not sure what is meant by system version.  FYI:  Android version is 7.0. and Software version is VX5011AA

0 Likes
GEORGEUSX

Thanks for your response. There is no error message, only the usual message "Welcome to App-Connect. Please connect a device using the USB"  Then there are 3 highlighted options (Android Auto, Apple Car Play, and Mirror Link) to click on to connect.   I  always clicked on Android Auto. The three choices are no longer highlighted so clicking on them achieves nothing.  I have also tried different cords, they all charge the phone but there is no connection to the car.  Also, Android Auto does work on my phone.  It just does not connect to the car's system.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

MARPAL48 wrote:

I hate what my LG V20 is like now since forced update. Why do they have to keep fixing stuff that isnt broken???

So you rather have your phone vulnerable to hackers?

0 Likes
carment_vzw
Verizon Employee

GEORGEUSX-

We appreciate you looking into this so that we can get to the root cause and find a solution. While we don't support third-party apps, we can do everything that we can to shed some light and guide you in the right direction. Besides not being able to connect to the Android Auto app, are you having issues with other applications? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer of your vehicle to see if there is any system update that may help resolve this? Meanwhile, you may visit us for additional device support at LG V20 Support | Verizon Wireless

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GEORGEUSX

Not having problems with any other applications.  I went directly to the dealership that I bought the car from.  Service tech tried for nearly an hour to re-establish the connection.  He believed that problem lies with phone and suggested I buy a new one!  I have the phone less than a year!

0 Likes
BLACKCOFFEE

I CAN'T GET MY WOLF HOME & LOCK SCREENS BACK AND TECK SUP. CAN'T HELP , AND IT COME'S UP WITH A SCREEN CALLED POP LAUCH OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AND I CAN'T GO TO MAPS OR SOME OTHER THINGS CAN YOU HELP. I HAVE A J7V

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those details. We know how important it is to be able to use your device to is fullest capabilities. When you went to the service tech, did they attempt to connect your device to another car?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

GEORGEUSX, thanks for getting back to us with that additional information. The last thing we want you to do is have to buy a new phone. We'd like to troubleshoot this further. Can you tell us if your device works with any other bluetooth devices?

0 Likes