I cannot open files
rockcandymounta

I have a Galaxy S4 and when I first got it a few months ago,  Whenever I would plug it into my computer using the UBS connection, it would pop up as 2 drives. One being the Phone and the other being the Micro SD card.  Now I cant get either to pop up.     I am running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.   I also plugged it into my laptop which is running Windows 8 and the same thing.  There is a directory that shows up briefly that contains a VZW software upgrade asst app.   If I recall, before that upgrade was installed, I could access my files.  I don't really want to uninstall an upgrade if I don't have to.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Nick

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I cannot open files
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, rockcandymounta! I regret that you haven't been able to get your S4 to sync with your computers. What you want to be certain of is the sync profile. Wireless devices can be attached via USB cable to a computer for at least 2 reasons: One is for file synchronization, the other is for charging only. If your device has not been set to sync, it may not pop up in your computer's drive list. When you connect, use the pull down option on your S4's display to change to "Media device (MTP" and try again!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I cannot open files
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hey there, rockcandymounta! I regret that you haven't been able to get your S4 to sync with your computers. What you want to be certain of is the sync profile. Wireless devices can be attached via USB cable to a computer for at least 2 reasons: One is for file synchronization, the other is for charging only. If your device has not been set to sync, it may not pop up in your computer's drive list. When you connect, use the pull down option on your S4's display to change to "Media device (MTP" and try again!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes