I cannot delete groups of e-mail
RMWV

all e-mails that go to phone stay there forever.  I can delete individually, but they should delete when deleted from laptop via sync.  The only way I've been able to clear them is to delete the e-mail account and then re-install it.  right now my phone shows 750+ emails, my computer inbox less than 200.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot delete groups of e-mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
RMWV,

Thank you for contacting us. That is quite a few emails there. What is the email provider you are using? Are you manually setting up the email account on the phone? Do you know if it is a POP3 or IMAP account?

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RMWV

It is a pop3  Suddenlink server.  Also Gmail.  I did not have this problem while on Sprint with a Galaxy S-3  The phone I have is a Kyocera Brigadier.  The settings for sync are unchanged.  This is the second phone, first one died,  Have there been hardware problems?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you so much for the additional information RMWV. As of right now it doesn't show any issues being reported with the device or its hardware. What software version do you have on your phone currently?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RMWV

Android 4.2.2   supposedly up to date.  This phone is a replacement since the microphone on the first one died.  I did not have the first one long enough to experience the e-mail problem. This phone will also not load the visual voicemail app.

Basically this phone sucks!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We appreciate the information, RMWV! We certainly want you to be able to fall in love with the device. What happens when you attempt to enter the visual voicemail application? ( ie, error message ) Have you attempted to clear cache/data from the data? ( Settings > App Manager > ALL > Visual Voicemail > force stop - clear data/cache )

To ensure I have a proper understanding is the e-mail service running over the gmail server or its own POP3?

YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
RMWV

When I click the voicemail app, it promts for changed device, install or go to voicemail (*68) If I click on install, it says it is installing, wait 5 minutes before calling.  I've waited as long as 20 minutes, never installs.

The mailserver is on Pop 3, gmail automatically forwarded.to it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thank you for the information! Does it prompt you to log in at any time when attempt to access the visual voicemail application? Were you able to clear the application?
YosefT_VZW
0 Likes