I can barely hear callers, bars frequently X-ed out, showing no Sim card
vlr2

Just recently I can barely hear the caller on my Droid DNA.  I have not damaged my phone in any way.  Also it starts showing no SIM card.  I will restart and then that will fix itself but the volume for the caller barely exists.  My volume is turned up.  I have no problem hearing ring tones, etc and people can hear me.  Also my bars will sometimes just x out and I have to reboot again.  I am sick of not being able to hear my callers. Help!!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I can barely hear callers, bars frequently X-ed out, showing no Sim card
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

A few things to try:

• Remove the SIM and reseat it, then restart the phone.
  • Go to a Verizon store and have them replace the SIM with a new one (it's free)
  • Try a system cache clear (instructions below)
  • Set your preferred Network mode to LTE/CDMA

System cache clear:

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes
Re: I can barely hear callers, bars frequently X-ed out, showing no Sim card
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vlr2, I want your callers to be able to hear your lovely voice! SuzyQ provided some fantastic steps! If the SIM card issue and volume are not working after those steps, the phone may need to be replaced. I'm following you, so if you still need assistance respond to my follow request and send me a direct message with your name and mobile number.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes