I bricked my Nexus 6.
Marish01

I tried out Android Nutella and thought it looked and worked great.  But as a beta some features like the play store and android pay do not yet function.  I checked for a rollback option before installation and after playing with it a bit I wanted to roll back to Marshmallow.  I unenrolled at the beta web site and 6 immediately started downloading.  I clicked install and now all the phone will do is show the loading animation.  For hours I waited.  If I had known the rollback had issues I would have enabled developer debugging so I could unlock to flash the OS when the install bombed.  But I did not.  So here's where I stand.  I can let the phone loop or I can bring up the boot loader screen.  I installed the SDK and adb will not recognize the device.  Fastboot devices sees something but I wonder if it is just a driver ghost.  Fastboot flashing unlock just hangs in the command window.  I really wish I had unlocked the debug before the rollback. [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] I sure will next time.  Any ideas out there?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I bricked my Nexus 6.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need to look at Android preview steps and guidance from Google themselves or XDA. Unofficial software including the Android N preview can't be discussed on the Verizon Wireless Community forum because of the Terms of Service here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Marish01

Ah.  Sorry.  I did solve the issue I cannot discuss using a method I cannot discuss.  I'll use Dev forums in the future.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google groups is a great place for this and of course other dev forums and channels.

0 Likes