I bought an HTC one 2/28/14. I had no trouble sending or receiving pictures with my texts. I had to update my phone 6/5/14 and since that time I cannot send or receive pictures in my texts. How can I fix that?
sixupgaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought an HTC one 2/28/14.  I had no trouble sending or receiving pictures with my texts.  I had to update my phone 6/5/14 and since that time I cannot send or receive pictures in my texts.  How can I fix that?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I bought an HTC one 2/28/14.  I had no trouble sending or receiving pictures with my texts.  I had to update my phone 6/5/14 and since that time I cannot send or receive pictures in my texts.  How can I fix that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'd be happy to troubleshoot your picture messaging, and restore it's functionality sixupgaw! To begin, I would suggest turning off WiFi on your phone. Then see if the picture will send. Wi-Fi networks do not support picture messaging, and this can be a common hinderance to pictures going through. You can also view additional troubleshooting steps that may be helpful here. http://vz.to/12TLCsR  

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Re: I bought an HTC one 2/28/14. I had no trouble sending or receiving pictures with my texts. I had to update my phone 6/5/14 and since that time I cannot send or receive pictures in my texts. How can I fix that?
sixupgaw
Enthusiast - Level 1

The thing is, before the update, I ALWAYS had my wifi on, and I had my mobile data off. Worked flawlessly until the update.

-

Verizon Wireless Customer Support <forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

Verizon Wireless Customer Support created the discussion

"I bought an HTC one 2/28/14.  I had no trouble sending or receiving pictures with my texts.  I had to update my phone 6/5/14 and since that time I cannot send or receive pictures in my texts.  How can I fix that?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/1098171#1098171

>

Re: I bought an HTC one 2/28/14.  I had no trouble sending or receiving pictures with my texts.  I had to update my phone 6/5/14 and since that time I cannot send or receive pictures in my texts.  How can I fix that?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@sixupgaw,

Thanks for the additional info!

Did you already try turning wifi off to send the picture message? Make sure to turn mobile data on and try sending the picture message. We are currently investigating this, but you should be able to send the pictures while mobile data is turned on.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: I bought an HTC one 2/28/14. I had no trouble sending or receiving pictures with my texts. I had to update my phone 6/5/14 and since that time I cannot send or receive pictures in my texts. How can I fix that?
brwneyddtchfrmgrl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried the mobile data thing and it works.

0 Likes