I am unable to send or receive text messages on motorola anroid
Nuthatch371
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I try to send pictures using text nothing happens.  When I receive a text message with a picture the download fails.

Labels (1)
Re: I am unable to send or receive text messages on motorola anroid
StaceyNic

My kyocera does the same thing. If I want to send or receive a picture I have to have my data turned on.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct:  you have to have mobile data turned on to send/receive picture texts ... they won't send/receive over wi-fi.  However, they count against your text package, not your data plan.

I am unable to send or receive text messages on motorola anroid
Nuthatch371
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have mobile data turned on and still nothing. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try sending yourself a picture text and see if that gets things moving again.

Also, turn off wi-fi and see if that makes a difference (it does with some phones).

0 Likes
Nuthatch371
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried sending a picture text to myself.  Nothing happened.  No error message, etc.  I was able to send a plain text without any problem.  I tried turning off the wi-fi.  Didn't make any difference. 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you in s solid 3G or 4G signal area? Extended network or roaming?  If you are in extended network, picture messaging doesn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nuthatch371 lets get those messages flowing! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! What phone make/model do you have? What zip code are you located in? Does this happen everywhere or a specific location? Have you ever been able to send picture messages?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@Nuthatch371,

Let's get to the bottom of this and get your picture messages going!

What Android device do you have? Where are you located (zip)? Have you been able to send picture messages before? Is the issue only with a specific picture? Have you tried sending a different picture? Please keep in mind that you have to be using our network for the picture to send. If in extended network it may not send. Will not send while connected to wifi either.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes