I am not receiving some calls on my Samsung Note 4.
hobbies80

After I updated the software on my Note 4 in August, I get people texting me that they tried to call and it goes directly to voice mail.  It does not do this all the time just some of the time.  This has been happening at my house which has a tower about a 1/2 mile away.  Before the update, I had great signal on this and all other phones that I had.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I am not receiving some calls on my Samsung Note 4.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hobbies80, software updates are important and we certainly want your device to properly work. I know it's important to have working device to receive calls. Does service improve in other locations? Is anyone else having the same issue?

GersonGG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
hobbies80

I don't know if it was from the software update, but it started doing it at about the same time as the update.  I get most of my calls and if they leave a message, I get them.  In the message they leave, they say that it went straight to voice mail and it does not show up on the caller ID.  I have my old cell phone (S4) that received all of my calls before I got the note 4 and it shows the signal strength at -85 dBm but on my note 4 it is at -108 dBm.  This all is at home.  At work, which is closer to the city of Minneapolis it seems to work every time because the calls show up on the caller ID.  I have read where other people have the same issues with their note 4 phone and no one seems to be able to figure out what is causing it to not receive calls.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you are receiving all of your calls hobbies80. Let's keep at this for you. Are other services like text and data impacted at your home? Are you able to call out from your phone at home? What zip code are you in?
NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Let's first just let you know that there is never any guarantee of connectivity inside of any structure. Regardless of the connectivity you had in the past, VZW usually won't jump to help you with your device inside your home.

Does your phone have a Do Not Disturb mode? This may be the cause of your troubles.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00039020/997337191/SM-N915PZKESPR

0 Likes
hobbies80

As far as I know, I am getting all of my texts. My data seems fine also. I am able to call out all of the time. My zip code is 55328. It is frustrating when someone gets a hold of me and says my phone went straight to voicemail when they tried me earlier. My last phone was a Samsung S4 and I never had any complaints from people saying that it would go straight to voicemail. It only seems to be happening with this phone. This is all happening at my house with this phone (Note 4). I have a couple of cell towers that are very close to my house.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

WWhat's the status of Do Not Disturb?

0 Likes
dude101
Enthusiast - Level 1

My note 4 does same thing

0 Likes
hobbies80

The do not disturb is not turned on.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

If it were me, I'd go to a corporate VZW retail location and get a new / free SIM card.

Is this the only flakey thing with the device? If more is flakey, then I'd consider a FDR after backing up my important information.

0 Likes