I am not able to receive text messages from Pakistan. I have an LG VS930 or Spectrum 2. The number that I am using as test is with Mobilink, which is listed on verizon's global list of carrier that could receive/send sms to verizon numbers.
EMemon

The Mobilink user does have ability to send sms to USA, and they are entering the number in the following format 00 (exit code) 1(country code) followed by my 3 digit area code and 7 digit verizon wireless number.  I have spent several hours with verizon technical support on phone, but unable to resolve this issue.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am not able to receive text messages from Pakistan. I have an LG VS930 or Spectrum 2. The number that I am using as test is with Mobilink, which is listed on verizon's global list of carrier that could receive/send sms to verizon numbers.
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry this is happening Ejaz. It may be account related or an issue with the senders network. To trouble shoot this I would recommend reaching out to global support team at 800-711-8300.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us onTwitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am not able to receive text messages from Pakistan. I have an LG VS930 or Spectrum 2. The number that I am using as test is with Mobilink, which is listed on verizon's global list of carrier that could receive/send sms to verizon numbers.
KathyH_VZW
Verizon Employee

EMemon,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. I want to make sure that we get you up and running. Are you able to send text messages to Pakistan with out any kind of troubles? Have you ever been able to receive text messages from this other user? Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EMemon

Kevin/Kathy:

Thanks for responding.

Yes, I am able to send text messages to Pakistan, I have verified this by

calling.

No, I have never been able to receive text messages from Pakistan. I have

verified that they have responded by calling them.

If you need, I can send you a specific number.

On Wed, Dec 3, 2014 at 11:34 AM, KathyH_VZW <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
candiceh_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for providing that additional information EMemon! Do you have any problems with receiving text messages from any international number or is this the only one that has been tried? What is the software version on your phone?

CandiceH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EMemon

I am able to receive international texts from Canada and Australia.

I am NOT able to receive international texts from any number in Pakistan (I

have tried at least 6 numbers: by sending them texts asking to reply, and

then calling them to verify that they did receive my text and replied to

it), Abu Dhabi, and Qatar.

Besides these 5 countries, I have not tried any other country.

My phone software is up to date, i.e., update version 6.3.1_B1 and firmware

version VS93022A (I have tried software update from settings and got a

message that it was up to date).

In addition, I have also called the LG technical support, in their opinion

it is a verizon issue.

Thank you

On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 6:40 PM, candiceh_vzw <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
ruthw_vzw
Verizon Employee

EMemon

Thanks for those details! Let's work on figuring this out together. Which application are you using for sending/receiving texts? Is it the preinstalled Messaging app on your phone or one downloaded from the Play Store or another source? Can you please check your Network Mode Settings and confirm which Network Mode is set: http://vz.to/12wX6rC

RuthW_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
EMemon

Using preinstalled messaging app and network mode is global.

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

You've worked very hard on this issue, EMemon. Thank you for being so patient with us as we join you in your efforts. Please allow us another question: Is your contact having trouble sending messages to any other American number? I can see that you've had trouble getting messages from Pakistan. But how many different numbers have tried to send to you?

DionM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
EMemon

I asked my contact in Pakistan (that I am not able receive texts from) to

send text messages to my wife's number, which is on my Verizon family plan,

and two other US numbers, one with Verizon and one with Sprint.

We did NOT receive his text on my wife's number. The other two US numbers

DID receive his texts. This makes me conclude that apparently there is

some BLOCK or other issue with my account.

I assume you are a technician with Verizon, if possible, can you call me

and we can go through all these questions in one session? It seems to be

getting nowhere. I have spent hours on phone (mostly waiting) and now just

going back and forth on this forum for days.

Thank you,

Ejaz

On Tue, Dec 9, 2014 at 10:10 AM, DionM_VZW <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
JoeL_VZW
Verizon Employee

I'm sorry this is happening Ejaz. It may be account related or an issue with the senders network. To trouble shoot this I would recommend reaching out to global support team at 800-711-8300.

JoeL_VZW

Follow us onTwitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes