I am moving from the US to Jordan in a few weeks for a full year.
rmmusselman

I know my Galaxy SIII is global ready, but as a missionary I wont be able to pay the 1.99 a minute. Is there anyway i can use it to get local rates?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am moving from the US to Jordan in a few weeks for a full year.
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, simply remove the Verizon SIM card and replace it with one you purchase locally in Jordan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, simply remove the Verizon SIM card and replace it with one you purchase locally in Jordan.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should also verify the Galaxy S3 has the latest software OS version for your phone. The full global capabilities for your phone model was added with a software update after the release of the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

evilincarnate
Enthusiast - Level 2

A lot of global ready phones already have their sim card slots unlocked, but if not, you can get the unlock code from Verizon (just call global services, they will give it to you).  Then when you get to Jordan, buy a local SIM card.  Problems only seem to come up if you happen to go to a country that is also cdma (which is almost no other country).

0 Likes
rmmusselman

I really need Verizon Rep to respond to this.

I landed in Jordan about a week ago and my phone, despite having global and international plan stuff activated, would only do sms.

I have since gotten a local SIM hoping that it would help things. But I've been having 2 issues.

1. There is no data availability from Zain despite it being compatible

2. Backup Assistant Plus keeps trying to do a backup and despite me doing a force stop and a cache reset/delete thing.

Verizon Admin

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

I'm by no means an expert, but from what I understand, you have to add the APN address. Go to settings>more settings>mobile networks>access point name, then click the "plus" sign in the corner and put in the network name for our carrier.

0 Likes
pzjagd1
Contributor - Level 3

I meant to type "your carrier", meaning Zain.

0 Likes