I am having trouble buying a ring back tone through the Verizon tones app. Keeps saying system error. And the media store is not working right. Why is this happening?
AnnB122584
Enthusiast - Level 2

is anyone else having trouble buying ring back tones on the Verizon tones app? I can't access the media store either.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I am having trouble buying a ring back tone through the Verizon tones app. Keeps saying system error. And the media store is not working right. Why is this happening?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clearing that tidbit up, Annb122584. I’m happy to see you were able to find a way to get ring tones but I definitely want to see your callers enjoying Ringback Tones too. If you’re having trouble logging in and purchasing through www.vzw.com/rbt as well as the Verizon Tones application, please dial 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone. This will get you connected with a prepaid expert with access to your account to help get the service working.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: I am having trouble buying a ring back tone through the Verizon tones app. Keeps saying system error. And the media store is not working right. Why is this happening?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want you to have full access to Ringback Tones! What device are you using? Are you able to purchase ringtones online through My Verizon?
YosefT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AnnB122584
Enthusiast - Level 2

My model of phone is SCH-1500. It won't let me do it on the website or app.

I bought one through text message, but was not able to get the song that I

actually wanted

On Nov 11, 2015 2:23 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try Zedge.com - it's free.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I truly appreciate you taking the time to follow up. May I ask if you’re a prepaid or postpay customer?
YosefT_VZW

0 Likes
AnnB122584
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am prepaid

On Nov 15, 2015 9:39 AM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
AnnB122584
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get some ringtones but not ringback tones

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zedge is for ringtones - ringbacks are only available through Verizon as the songs are stored on their servers, not on your phone.  I apologize as I missed the ringback part of your question. 

Do you have Advanced (HD) calling enabled?  Ringbacks and Advanced Calling are not compatible, you  need to use one or the other.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for clearing that tidbit up, Annb122584. I’m happy to see you were able to find a way to get ring tones but I definitely want to see your callers enjoying Ringback Tones too. If you’re having trouble logging in and purchasing through www.vzw.com/rbt as well as the Verizon Tones application, please dial 888-294-6804 from a number other than your prepaid phone. This will get you connected with a prepaid expert with access to your account to help get the service working.

JenniferH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

to assist with  pre-pay service and accounts. At your convenience you may reach out to them for further assistance at  888-294-6804.

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW

0 Likes