I accidently dropped my phone in water
nana2_4
Enthusiast - Level 1

What can I do to get another Motorola Droid Maxx? My problem is I have Parkinson's and got to shaking to the point that I can't hold on things I dropped it in some water  by accident.  It's was too water logged to try and repair it. I had no insurance on it either. I can't afford to get another one due to the fact I'm disabled and really need a phone and I can't upgrade either till next year . Any suggestions? Thanks Cindie

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: I accidently dropped my phone in water
ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Some options would be to purchase a used device from a third party source such as Craigslist, Swappa, eBay, etc.  Or from a family member or friend.  You might also inquire into Verizon's Certified Preowned program (CPO) (if you quality) where you can get a refurbished device at a lower cost than a brand new device.

View solution in original post

ttipgem
Master - Level 1

Some options would be to purchase a used device from a third party source such as Craigslist, Swappa, eBay, etc.  Or from a family member or friend.  You might also inquire into Verizon's Certified Preowned program (CPO) (if you quality) where you can get a refurbished device at a lower cost than a brand new device.

rcschnoor
Legend

You say it was too waterlogged to try and repair it? You dropped it in some water? How long did you let it sit in the water?

I would try placing it in a ziplock bag filled with rice for a couple of days. Maybe it will come back.

Otherwise, your best option would be to borrow an old unused phone from a friend/relative as has been suggested.. Just 3 days ago I gave an old unused phone to a neighbor whose daughter had her phone smashed in the bus door. Since it was still under contract, they could not get a discounted phone for a replacement. I let her choose from 3 old basic phones I had. She loves it and says it is working great! This is possibly the 4th or 5th time I have done this during my time as a Verizon customer.

Good luck.

nana2_4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried the rice and it didn't work. My phone was in the water about a minute. My family lives out of state and I don't have many friends. They don't have Verizon either. Basically I'm just out of luck.. Thanks anyway..

0 Likes