I WAS very interested in buying a Droid.....
Net_Prophet

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how impressionable I am.....    (almost)  I WAS very interested in buying a Droid until recently, when my interest has dropped almost to zero.

And I think I know why, too.  From the onset, the Droid advertising people were using the voice of actor Dean Winters (Rescue Me) in their TV ads.  When they dropped him and opted for a more **bleep**-Nimoy type voice, THAT'S when it happened.  I didn't care any more.

This just shows that what they say is true - Advertising Sells.    Or, in my case, IT DOESN'T.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I WAS very interested in buying a Droid.....
spottedcatfish
Champion - Level 3

Wow... if you purchase items based on who does the voice acting rather than the actual features of the device and your own needs, then you deserve to not have a device that works well for you.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

That's almost vain. Who would refuse to buy a product because of the voice they use on their commercials? That's ridiculous, it has nothing to do with the product itself

0 Likes
Not applicable

Please don't buy a Droid or any other Verizon phone.

0 Likes
FreezingD

I strongly urge you to run, not walk, to your nearest AT&T store and purchase an iPhone. Sounds like a perfect fit for you.

0 Likes
Net_Prophet

FreezingD wrote:

I strongly urge you to run, not walk, to your nearest AT&T store and purchase an iPhone. Sounds like a perfect fit for you.

Mmm....  can't do that either.  I hate AT&T and I hate Apple  even more.

You have a nice voice though.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Net_Prophet wrote:

Mmm....  can't do that either.  I hate AT&T and I hate Apple  even more.

You have a nice voice though.

Glad to see your at least Anti-AT&T and Anti-iPhone.  Maybe you'll want to consider getting another type of Android phone besides the Droid. There are many android phones out there. 

0 Likes