How to unlock a paid off edge plan htc m8?
htcmatt

About a month ago, I left verizon because I was going out of the country. I bought out my edge plan HTC M8 and was told that it was unlocked. I believed this and moved out of the country to China. I then tried to use multiple carriers just by putting the sim card in and received a signal but no data. After finding that out, I looked at the bootloader menu and found that my phone was locked, S-On and SIM locked. My question is what can I do now to use data on another carrier? I have tried other routes of bootloaders and other programs to try to unlock it but nothing works. I have spoken to HTC and they are unable to help because Verizon has some code or my not. After trying to talk to verizon I found out that fingers are pointed at HTC and I have no idea what to do.

Please Help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to unlock a paid off edge plan htc m8?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card is already unlocked. You don't need the bootloader unlocked for using the phone on a different carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The HTC M8 is a 4G phone and unlocked for use on other carriers.  You local carrier may not use the same bands and frequencies that the phone uses.  The bootloader is locked though.  That is on HTC.  Locked bootloader vs locked to carrier is a different thing altogether.

0 Likes
htcmatt

I found that HTC m8 has the brandwidth of all carriers. The problem that I need is to use data. I am able to make calls I just want to use 4g. So to me the SIM needs to be unlocked and to do that I need the bootloader.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The SIM card is already unlocked. You don't need the bootloader unlocked for using the phone on a different carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To use data (or voice or text) on another carrier, where compatible, you need that carrier's SIM card and service. 

0 Likes