How to receive texts on both Samsung Galaxy 3 and Ipad
PandD

I originally had an iPhone and ipad which were set up to view my text messages on both.  I recently broke my iPhone so I activated an old Samsung 3 phone.  I can receive texts from non iPhone users on the Samsung but I cannot receive texts from iPhone users.  Those texts go directly to the ipad.  I turned off imessage on my ipad.  What else do I need to do to get my text messages on both.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to receive texts on both Samsung Galaxy 3 and Ipad
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for asking, PandD. It sounds like the best option for you would be a sevice called Verizon Messages http://vz.to/1lE6tgE.
This way you can sync  messages between both devices.

Verizon Messages is an easy-to-use, free, downloadable app available on Android smartphones and tablets and Apple iPhone and iPad models. It provides an enhanced text messaging and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) experience for our customers. Verizon Messages allows you to send and receive text and multimedia messages for your primary VZW phone using multiple devices including Android smartphones and tablets, Apple iPhone and iPad models, and any web browser when logged into My Verizon. Up to 90 days of messages are synchronized across all devices on the account, including message status and deleted messages providing customers with a seamless messaging experience.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

PandD lets get the messages flowing! I'm sorry to hear your iPhone broke but we'll get you back in the loop. Is iMessage turned off on the iPhone? If not, you can do so by going into Settings, Messages, slide iMessage to off.

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
PandD

The phone is not operable so we can't turn imessage off at the phone.  We went on icloud and removed the number from the ipad.  It seems we have to call Apple to have them remove the number from their ecosystem.  We will only receive texts to one or the other but not both.  If someone wants to text to his Ipad, they will have to do so through his Apple ID (email address).  If they use his number it will be sent as a regular text message to his Samsung phone.  Does that sound right to you?  Is there any way to receive his text message on both the Ipad and Samsung at the same time?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for asking, PandD. It sounds like the best option for you would be a sevice called Verizon Messages http://vz.to/1lE6tgE.
This way you can sync  messages between both devices.

Verizon Messages is an easy-to-use, free, downloadable app available on Android smartphones and tablets and Apple iPhone and iPad models. It provides an enhanced text messaging and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) experience for our customers. Verizon Messages allows you to send and receive text and multimedia messages for your primary VZW phone using multiple devices including Android smartphones and tablets, Apple iPhone and iPad models, and any web browser when logged into My Verizon. Up to 90 days of messages are synchronized across all devices on the account, including message status and deleted messages providing customers with a seamless messaging experience.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes