How to filter Google contacts
droid_learning

I just bought a Eris Droid and sync it with my google contacets; I don't want all of them showing on my droid. I created a group for the ones I do want on my phone but I don't know how to filter them so I don't have the whole list of contacts when I open people.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to filter Google contacts
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

If you have your contacts assigned to groups, bring up Contacts on your phone, touch Menu->Display options. Touch your email address and check/uncheck groups as required.

0 Likes
droid_learning

Thanks for answering logicman.

On the HTC Droid, when I bring my contacts up, after I touch menu, it doesn't give me display.  I think that's how it works on the Motorola...

I don't have a "Contacts" list, is call "people" and everyone is in there.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

I have the Moto Droid - so functionality might be a bit different due to Android 2.0. . Try assigning a few contacts to a group in gmail web app and see if that offers any other options on your phone.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

droid_learning wrote:

Thanks for answering logicman.

On the HTC Droid, when I bring my contacts up, after I touch menu, it doesn't give me display.  I think that's how it works on the Motorola...

I don't have a "Contacts" list, is call "people" and everyone is in there.

I have not used an Eris so this is just a guess, but when you pull up your contacts list (or "People" list) make sure you are not on the Favorites screen.  I know even on the Moto Droid, if your on the Favorites screen, you don't get the "Display Options" button.

Then again, it may just be a difference between the Moto Droid and the Eris as logicman said. 

0 Likes
droid_learning

Logicman and PPC-dude, I have 2 ways of accessing my contacts, the full list. Through "people" and through "phone".  If I go through "people", I can chose the source of my contacts, but it gives me "Google" as a whole option, the list phone, and I guess if you have pull contact form other sources, would list those.  Through phone, doesn't give any option.

My husband got the Motorola, and he was able to just get the group he wanted... This is a little disappointing...

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

An update to Android 2.0 is coming for the Eris...

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2009/12/htc_droid_eris_1.html;jsessionid=ZJQUYMXSB...

This update might give you the contact filtering that exists on the Moto.

0 Likes
droid_learning

Thanks!

I hope this update helps!

0 Likes