How to eliminate incorrect notice
JimLit

I have an alert that I have exceeded my data usage limit. This is not true and the notice will not go away. How can I get rid of it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to eliminate incorrect notice
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a data limit set on your phone (independent of your actual Verizon account)?  GO to settings, data usage, and you can manually set a data limit and bill cycle - and the default may not align with your actual account dates or data allowance.  This will cause inaccurate warnings.

If this isn't the case, and you KNOW you are not over the limit, it's annoying but something you can ignore.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JimLit,  Help has arrived! Let's make sure we get your notification set properly. What make/model phone do you have? How was the notification sent, was it a text message? Is this accurate with the usage done when you dial #DATA?  JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JimLit

I have the HTC 1 m8. The alert is on the announcement bar at the top. It comes as a small white triangle with an exclamation mark. It is not accurate as I am nowhere near exceeding my data allowance.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a data limit set on your phone (independent of your actual Verizon account)?  GO to settings, data usage, and you can manually set a data limit and bill cycle - and the default may not align with your actual account dates or data allowance.  This will cause inaccurate warnings.

If this isn't the case, and you KNOW you are not over the limit, it's annoying but something you can ignore.

0 Likes
JimLit

Thanks and I do ignore the alert notice but the question is why does it stay on the screen and why can't I get rid of it. Seems to be a software glitch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
JimLit,  I definitely understand how inconvenient this can be. Have you checked your My Verizon to see if you have accidentally set a data usage limit using Family Base? When did you start getting these data alerts?   JohnB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
JimLit

I started getting the alert after I upgraded to lollypop. I have a 90% limit on my verizon and I never get close to it so I don't know why I would get the sort of alert I get on my phone.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

As I said earlier, check the settings in your data usage and see if there is a limit set there (independent of your Verizon account, this is a setting on the phone itself).

0 Likes