How to disable SoftCard push notifications?
Didjit
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've enabled SoftCard on my Galaxy S5 (just in case I might find it interesting, and actually remember to use it ).

However, I find it really annoying to constantly receive push notification alerts for discounts at McDonalds.  There doesn't seem to be anyplace in the app to disable this, only to sign up for more.  I haven't selected any businesses as favorites or signed up for any offer notifications.  I'm about to remove/disable this completely.  Anyone figure out how to do this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to disable SoftCard push notifications?
Not applicable

Settings-Apps

Scroll down to the app link in settings, there should be a toggle to disable Notifications.

Barring this it may be yet another app from Verizon that is intrusive and in that case your only option is to disable it completely like Galaxy Class had suggested.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

SoftCard app is a part of the Verizon pack that can't be removed but can be shut down. 1. First go to all apps and locate SoftCard.  2. Next do a force Shut down and clear cache & data. 3. Then uninstall your app. The app will change back to the factory version of Isis Wallet but will still be shut down, ending your problem.

0 Likes
Didjit
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, thank you.  I'm aware of that.  I was hoping to find a more moderate approach where I could still use the app without being annoyed by it.  Anyone?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Settings-Apps

Scroll down to the app link in settings, there should be a toggle to disable Notifications.

Barring this it may be yet another app from Verizon that is intrusive and in that case your only option is to disable it completely like Galaxy Class had suggested.

Good Luck

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I do not know any moderate approach to solve what you seek. And the Softcard can be a plus in many ways so you may want to make full use of it many features in the future. I hope you find your answer and post for others to see. And thank you   Smiley Happy

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Thanks...Elector, Phone Guy