How to check if replacement Droid is stolen?
talkinggrandma

My granddaughter wants to purchase a Droid Pro from an individual to replace her current phone.  The phone is two months old and the price is great, but we want to check to be sure it is not stolen, etc.  The seller gave me the HEX number, but I don't know where to check it out before we get to changing phones with Verizon.  How do we do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to check if replacement Droid is stolen?
budone
Legend

You need the ESN to check to see if it is clean. But here is a site that has worked for me. I would want to SEE the ESN. As stated above, people will give you a clean one to check with, then you buy a brick

Also I believe VZW also has a site to do so...found it

Check Your Device

http://www.checkesnfree.com/

Message was edited by: Budone _

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Call customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your Verizon phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The safest way to buy a phone from an individual is to do the transaction at a Verizon store. That way, they can check the ESN and activate it for you to make sure there are no issues before you hand over the money.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

You need the ESN to check to see if it is clean. But here is a site that has worked for me. I would want to SEE the ESN. As stated above, people will give you a clean one to check with, then you buy a brick

Also I believe VZW also has a site to do so...found it

Check Your Device

http://www.checkesnfree.com/

Message was edited by: Budone _

0 Likes
talkinggrandma

THANKS. THAT SITE WORKED PERFECTLY.

0 Likes