How is DT Ignite not considered malware?
Sir-Lancelot
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ability to download and install apps without going through Android package manager and without user consent?

Where can the consumer research this on the Verizon web page? I dont see it. This is some shady stuff even for Verizon.

Lance

Labels (1)
Re: How is DT Ignite not considered malware?
MaxxMan_1
Enthusiast - Level 2

If this continues to be utilized, I'm done.  This sort of thing is unethical, unseemly & unforgivable.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Software Updates can do this too. I can't count the amount of times on the non-Nexus devices I've had to go disable new software that was installed from a "Security update" Smiley Happy

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

DT Ignite is bloatware and not malware due to the definition of the words. Sure I also find it annoying having apps I don't want taking up space, 'Mal' is short for 'malicious'. So unless TD Ignite has been intentionally trying to cause you actual harm or injury, by definition it's bloatware. it can also add more bloatware (boo!) and remove bloatware as the software and developer agreements change (yay!). Also since the kickback agreements add more profit to Verizon (like they need it!) and help slow pricing increases for customers due to that profit so they don't  have to always increase all costs as much by passing all costs onto bills.

0 Likes