How do you turn off the Galaxy Note 5 when the screen is broken?
DPerezLADKLT

My phone is on, but the screen is totally black.  I can I force turn off this phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you turn off the Galaxy Note 5 when the screen is broken?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DPerezLADKLT,

Oh no! So sorry to hear about the screen being broken. Do you have another phone you'd like to activate? Is the screen physically broken or just won't respond? You can force restart one of these phones by pressing and holding both the "power" and "volume down" keys for up to one minute or until you see a reaction from the phone. That should fix the screen if it's just frozen or unresponsive. If you are only trying to turn it off, I would try just holding the power button by itself until you hear the shutdown sound effect. This also could take up to a minute. If the phone does not respond to either of these things, I would recommend reaching out to Samsung for any additional tricks that may exist to force the phone to shut down without having screen access. They can be reached at 888-987-4357 if needed. If they've got no other options. I'd recommend just turning the volume all the way down until the battery dies. Hope this helps!

EricW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: How do you turn off the Galaxy Note 5 when the screen is broken?
Tidbits
Legend

Hold power for 20 seconds (roughly) if you have your sim in there then have someone call it to ensure it is off.

0 Likes